2018/19 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like how you claim that someone else is obnoxious when you’ve been quick to lay claim to gobsh*te #1 crown round here.

Again, not just one book, not just one player. You’re just so incredibly wrong it’s actually funny. Carry on.
His post was a lot but I had a similar takeaway from the excerpt you posted as he did in one regard and that's saying because Brazil outshot Germany stats are meaningless. Germany clearly were better and they had huge massive chances accounting for a lot of their shots and when that is accounted the stats start to line up closer to the scoreline. Germany still outperformed what the average team would do with the shots they had but that happens in a one off from time to time.

Another similar game is us losing to Spurs 6-2. We didn't deserve to win but Spurs also wouldn't score 6 if we played like that everytime. Stats can back that kind of thing up even though you can probably see it by watching too. It's just an additional lens with which to view things at least for me.

I like how you claim that someone else is obnoxious when you’ve been quick to lay claim to gobsh*te #1 crown round here.

Again, not just one book, not just one player. You’re just so incredibly wrong it’s actually funny. Carry on.

I have never been dismissive or disrespectful of someone else's opinion. Questioning the logic behind any opinion is fine, that's the purpose of a forum, but you don't have to be insulting to make your point.

You cited one extract from one book.

Did that World Cup beating from Germany ban him from the Brasil national team?
Not officially but I think it kind of hurt him in the immediate aftermath and other players have outperformed him since. Plus Brazil try to bring a few young players at reserves to tournaments behind the established guys and he wasn't going to be the established guy over Neymar.

Putting any of that 7-1 on him is harsh. Marcelo, David Luiz and Fernandinho were all complete messes.

Not officially but I think it kind of hurt him in the immediate aftermath and other players have outperformed him since. Plus Brazil try to bring a few young players at reserves to tournaments behind the established guys and he wasn't going to be the established guy over Neymar.

Putting any of that 7-1 on him is harsh. Marcelo, David Luiz and Fernandinho were all complete messes.

I wasn't blaming him.

I think going Ukraine hurt him. He's still mid twenties.

I wasn't blaming him.

I think going Ukraine hurt him. He's still mid twenties.
I'm not saying he's old just that Brazil like to fill out there squad with a couple of 19-21 year olds. And yeah Ukraine probably isn't the type of league that creates much excitement back in Brazil.

Status
Not open for further replies.