2018/19 Kurt Zouma

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldnt even go that far. If Silva and Brands think Mina can cut it then he starts and Holgate is a suitable backup. He has shown promise, so let him play and bring Gibson into the fold. Striker Striker Striker!

If Mina Keane are both out at the same time with injuries/suspension, a centre back pairing of Holgate / Gibson in the prem against any half decent side would be a disaster.

We have to sign a new CB

If Mina Keane are both out at the same time with injuries/suspension, a centre back pairing of Holgate / Gibson in the prem against any half decent side would be a disaster.

We have to sign a new CB
Ya fair enough... I’m an optimist when it comes to injuries.. but you right it may be too much of a gamble

Might actually come down to us giving him a huge pay hike. In all honesty though, seems unlikely that he would agitate for a move.

I wouldnt even go that far. If Silva and Brands think Mina can cut it then he starts and Holgate is a suitable backup. He has shown promise, so let him play and bring Gibson into the fold. Striker Striker Striker!

I like Holgate but only at RB. He’s a liability at CB and gets bullied far, far too easily. He’s also not that good in the air.

He’s maintained throughout his career a desire to play for Chelsea so now, given Lampard wants him and Chelsea are under a ban, why do people think he’s gonna come here? He hardly seems the kinda guy to drop all that for a bit of a wage boost.

Speaking to a Chelsea lad the other day, what he's hearing is that Zouma is more focused on impressing Lampard than anything else, and that at this moment in time he's doing that.

Plenty other CBs out there. Get a decent one to cover CB and RB and use the extra money on other positions. Keane Mina Holgate new signing Gibson is fine for the season.
It would be good to get Zouma in purely because of the continuity. He knows the system and the players. But we can't really afford to wait all window for an answer. There are other players out there with the same attributes and possibly cheaper.

I have a feeling Zouma may end up regretting this if he turns us down.

He’s maintained throughout his career a desire to play for Chelsea so now, given Lampard wants him and Chelsea are under a ban, why do people think he’s gonna come here? He hardly seems the kinda guy to drop all that for a bit of a wage boost.

Just come off the back of starting every game for a few months, earning a recall to the french squad and getting excellent reviews.

If Lampard sees him as his no 1 CB then of course he will want to stay, but if he doesnt, then I doubt Zouma will want to go back to being a sub and being overlooked for the national team whdn the Euros are coming up.

Even another loan would be fine for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.