2018/19 Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love this idea that PSG (and Tuchel in particular) would spend £30m on a 29-year-old who is rubbish on the ball and can't be trusted to take a pass from the keeper. lol

Actually most of the time hes not the 1 who drops back to take the ball off the keeper.

In his time we have always had somebody else do it.

Despite L’Equipe claims the local/connected journos hinting nothing is ‘close’. The current PSG proposal (not a formal offer) is apparently lower than the one we rejected in January & well short of anything we would accept. This is exactly what they tried in January. Lowball bids. Gana wanting to leave. Hoping we buckle. It did not work then and I see no reason why it will work now. We clearly will sell if we get our valuation (reported to be c. £40m in January) but if PSG do not significantly up their bid it will be the same outcome as January IMO.

Yes the last 6 months have been best of his career from what I've seen, strange it coincided with psg interest. Makes me think he's been holding something back or didn't believe in himself

Or he's working with a coach who helps players improve, maybe?

Also, as good as he has been, I'd say it's equal with his first 4-5 months as an Everton player. He was amazing in that spell.

Despite L’Equipe claims the local/connected journos hinting nothing is ‘close’. The current PSG proposal (not a formal offer) is apparently lower than the one we rejected in January & well short of anything we would accept. This is exactly what they tried in January. Lowball bids. Gana wanting to leave. Hoping we buckle. It did not work then and I see no reason why it will work now. We clearly will sell if we get our valuation (reported to be c. £40m in January) but if PSG do not significantly up their bid it will be the same outcome as January IMO.
Also, if there's any truth in the reports that we turned down an offer of £8m for McCarthy, because we want our asking price of £10m, than why would we be prepared to be taking a far bigger financial hit with regards to our valuation of Gana?

Yes the last 6 months have been best of his career from what I've seen, strange it coincided with psg interest. Makes me think he's been holding something back or didn't believe in himself
Or maybe, just maybe, he’s got quality coaching now that is improving his game. Just a thought

We hold all the cards on this one - we know PSG want him, we know they are wadded and we now also know that Gana, despite wanting to go, won't have a hissy fit if he stays.

Pay up or do one

I would rather keep him but if money talks and the player is unsettled perhaps we should cash in. Delph and Gomes might make a decent partnership get someone in a bit cheaper as cover use whatever is left to help contribute towards strengthening another position.

Status
Not open for further replies.