Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate attacking player that are CL level and amongst the best in the league don’t play for palace at the age of 26. people on here talk about siggy being not good enough and costing to much , Zaha would be bolasie x 2 he would cost twice the money , nearly twice the wages and we would be stuck with him for years

There are many reasons for that, he was plucked as a teenager by one of the greatest managers in the game, reckoned for developing young talent, to go to the biggest club in the league at the time. The timing was unfortunate as it was also the year that manager retired, cue managers under pressure for instant success not willing to give a young lad a shot, it clearly stunted his development, to his credit he went out and played ball at his footballing home and proved all the doubters wrong to become one of the best players in the league and almost single handily keeping Palace in the PL for the most consistent run in their history and become a club legend.

He has loads of time for Palace based on that and has repayed them many times over for all the faith and opportunities they gave him he has shown exception loyalty to them in the midst of years of possible moves and could have left numerous times if he willed it, he also walked the walk and looked after them by signing contracts ensuring an inevitable big fee, i like that a lot. They are attributes i like and his decision making of wanting to play and make the best of his ability.

Its also evident in his desire to play international football, in not getting opportunities for England he went and showed desire to play for the Ivory Coast again indicating the character of the lad. He is one of the most clinical, creative and effective inside forwards in the game.

Be made up if we got him, dont think so though.

Last edited:
You’ve picked one game where he was poor and I simply pointed out that even in one of his poor games he’s capable of doing something that can chance a game.

I seen him a few tomes this season and always watch him and wonder why palace can put 80m on him. He does little bits of skill but his decision making isn’t good and he holds the ball a lot and often fails to pass and dribbles when it’s the wrong choice. He can catch the eye with a bit of skill but then undo the good work in the next 5 seconds after. He is better than bolasie but very much the same type of frustrating player. If he was here he would get pkentlt of minutes and if he came through the youth system then fine but spending 50m on him is madness

Mate mirrallas contract extension wasn’t a gamble , bolasie wasn’t a gamble , he was tied his entire career , Morgan wasn’t a gamble . Henry , vlasic, lookman etc were gambles and we look to be making money on all of them. Now I know 40m including add ons ( and I for one minute don’t belive this rumour) is a lot more than 11m or less we purchased the players mentioned cost. But if he is the next big star from Brazil then usually they end up being good , pato being the exception. We shouldn’t be scared of spending big money on youth , just need to make sure we do our homework and make sure we pick a good player. Man U spent 35m on martial at 19 years old, 130m for Mbappe , Barca spent 53m on Neymar literally the only chance we have of acquiring a world class player is signing him before anyone else. Watford have signed Pedro or whatever his name is and now clubs are sniffing around and they may make 20m on a player they never even owned. There is massive rewards out there and although we have been burned before we cant afford for it to stop us taking a chance on players. Leo , kean , Jesus these are players with huge potential apparently and we must be willing to bite the gullet or else we won’t ever break out from where we are. We had our world class talent in Rooney and ballsed it up Everton style and waiting around for another isn’t what I want us to do.

Lookman 36 appearances
Klassan 7 appearances
Schneiderlin 58 appearances
Vlasic 12 appearances
Bolaise 29 appearances
Mirallas, since signing his 3 year contract in 2017 has 4 appearances.

I concede Bolasie MAY have been able to add something before his bad injury, but every single one of them names above have been a tragic set of signings.

We had our world class talent in Rooney and ballsed it up Everton style and waiting around for another isn’t what I want us to do.

Rooney didn't want to stay the first time, or the second time. He has made that clear and been honest about it, he saw Everton as a pay day before leaving us again, Stratford orchestrated his return not Wayne.

We shouldn’t be scared of spending big money on youth

We're not, that's why we invest in the academy and give contracts to people like Tom Davies and make sure they play, lads like Galloway, Beni, Kenny all have had 'chances' to impress. Some more than others!

Man U spent 35m on martial at 19 years old, 130m for Mbappe , Barca spent 53m on Neymar literally the only chance we have of acquiring a world class player is signing him before anyone else.

Mate, we are never going to be able to compete on taking chances on players that you've mentioned here. They have world class elite scouting capabilities. We're signing lids from Huddersfield, let's be honest here.

Watford have signed Pedro or whatever his name is and now clubs are sniffing around and they may make 20m on a player they never even owned.

A player so good you don't even know his name? Ha! - I've just checked they only paid £2m for him, not £20m. And he doesn't join until 2020.

I get you think we should be looking to youth, but the scouts we previously employed to identify talent have left us with a bucket load of players to shift before we can look to get more on board, I think this Summer and next will see the majority of them shifted. Brands has done miracles with the surplus he has shifted, once thats done we'll probably go into the market in a better financial position having learnt from the mistakes.

You do realise @Boss Silva is a multi and a WUM of the highest order ??

I didn’t actually. He’s played it well.

Started to lose interest when he said we didn’t want Delph and then quickly changed his tune when it was nailed on.
Definitely lost it when he said lookman transfer was more than done and medical was the next day. That was on Tuesday and he only posted that when everyone was reporting deal agreed.

IF we sign this lad for 40m and he becomes a star and goes to real or Barca for 100 m then surely that lets other young brazilians know that this is a good place to further your career.
We may hit a sweet spot where we have 3 or 4 of these at one go and win a pot or even the league.
Its a good but risky strategy.
We just have to trust Brands and his scouting team

That’s what I’m saying , being burnt by koeman shouldn’t have us scared of trying again . Brands has a much better record of finding youth and so far his signings have been successful ( Mina aside as it’s to early to judge) I have faith in him and I don’t think and hope he is going to pay what is required for Zaha

I get a little confused with the time taken to do transfers. Find someone, ask if he's available, if he is bid, if it's too low bid more. Could do that over a few emails.

I tend to think it's kind of like a game of poker, where no side is willing to show their hand and that's why it takes so long. I think clubs get annoyed at multiple bids as well, so buying clubs try to avoid it if they can

IF we sign this lad for 40m and he becomes a star and goes to real or Barca for 100 m then surely that lets other young brazilians know that this is a good place to further your career.
We may hit a sweet spot where we have 3 or 4 of these at one go and win a pot or even the league.
Its a good but risky strategy.
We just have to trust Brands and his scouting team
A decent relationship with Barca and the big boys of European football on the continent = a very nice stepping point on your journey to superstardom with the added advantage of much better money than in the Dutch leagues.

Apologies if this has already been posted - but it's a massive NO THANK YOU on Zaha for me, the Harrods Mirallas...

Attachments

• zahakev.jpg
    zahakev.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 165
Lookman 36 appearances
Klassan 7 appearances
Schneiderlin 58 appearances
Vlasic 12 appearances
Bolaise 29 appearances
Mirallas, since signing his 3 year contract in 2017 has 4 appearances.

I concede Bolasie MAY have been able to add something before his bad injury, but every single one of them names above have been a tragic set of signings.

Rooney didn't want to stay the first time, or the second time. He has made that clear and been honest about it, he saw Everton as a pay day before leaving us again, Stratford orchestrated his return not Wayne.

We're not, that's why we invest in the academy and give contracts to people like Tom Davies and make sure they play, lads like Galloway, Beni, Kenny all have had 'chances' to impress. Some more than others!

Mate, we are never going to be able to compete on taking chances on players that you've mentioned here. They have world class elite scouting capabilities. We're signing lids from Huddersfield, let's be honest here.

A player so good you don't even know his name? Ha! - I've just checked they only paid £2m for him, not £20m. And he doesn't join until 2020.

I get you think we should be looking to youth, but the scouts we previously employed to identify talent have left us with a bucket load of players to shift before we can look to get more on board, I think this Summer and next will see the majority of them shifted. Brands has done miracles with the surplus he has shifted, once thats done we'll probably go into the market in a better financial position having learnt from the mistakes.

The players mentioned were bad signings apart from lookman , vlasic as we will make money on them. We just spent 45m which is more than martial on a 21 year old and he’s broken into the Brazil side and if we sold him we would make money. I don’t think bolasie could have offered anything before his injury as he had done nothing his entire career, I said he wasn’t a gamble I should have been clear, he wasn’t a gamble , he was just a incredibly bad signing as was giving mirrallas a contract. The point I was making about the Watford player was the huge rewards that can be made signing too young Brazilians , they paid 2m as you said and may get 20m for doing nothing, if nobody else wants to take the gamble then they get him for 2m and he’s very highly rated from what I hear. You mentioned the players above and Zaha would be another signing exactly like that imo hence why I want nothing to do with him

Status
Not open for further replies.