2018/19 Kurt Zouma

Status
Not open for further replies.
There we have it, miles better than Christensen and rightly so gets the start. Chelsea will do very well next season now Lampard has gone back there.
They did not do bad last season to be fair last season, 3rd and Europa cup winners, 3rd is probably the best they may do,so i can see them been same or lower without the cup wins etc,its just no one was a fan of sarri it seemed from chelsea POV, and still pre season yet and will be 2 teams again probably till later,plus they play Barcelona Tuesday

I'm not sure mate. You've also just said you think Chelsea will play 3 at the back next season based on absolutely nothing whatsoever lol

The fact they have a transfer ban with 3/4 really good CB's on their books. They cannot afford another Lukaku De Bruyne etc, so I think he stays.

The fact they have a transfer ban with 3/4 really good CB's on their books. They cannot afford another Lukaku De Bruyne etc, so I think he stays.

Agreed about the transfer ban factor but I still think he will be 4th choice CB behind Rudiger, Luiz, Christiansen and I cant see him being happy to stay and sit on the bench for most of the season

Agreed about the transfer ban factor but I still think he will be 4th choice CB behind Rudiger, Luiz, Christiansen and I cant see him being happy to stay and sit on the bench for most of the season

He will be ahead of Christensen, at least for this season I think. Obviously rotation with cup competitions and Europe.

I don't think this is going to happen now and part of that reason will be Chelsea in this season of transition for them will not want to see us strengthened to the point we are in the mix.

Well Silva has spoken about three at the back more than once, so that could be a factor

There's also the point as well that having proper competition for each position is good for squad depth

I think managers also might not really promise players that they'll be first choice any more, and expect them to fight for it. Zouma Keane and Mina would have all felt they can be first choice as none of them last year were obvious starters. If we have Mina, Keane, Holgate + 1 and + 1 U23 in reserve in the worst case it will be ideal. I can't think of any CBs to come in though

Status
Not open for further replies.