Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We should be able to win our first few games with our current squad anyway.
I think this is broadly true - if we keep Gana. This way the team can play the same way as last year (although I'm not convinced Keane and Mina would be a good partnership). If Gana goes - the midfield will have to play a different style which will mean the defence being exposed more often.

Also, I think we can win games with DCL up top (as we did last year), no matter what people think of him. BUT he has hasn't yet had pre season, so won't be fit. This will then mean a different style again as either Richarlison will have to switch up front (if he's fit enough), meaning Walcott on the right . If Richarlison isn't fit enough either then that means Niasse up front with Walcott on the right

In short, we probably need at least a couple of the additions in quite quickly!

We were never going to get him, or Kean, or Pepe or anyone else we keep getting rumored with.
Possibly. There will probably be some under the radar signings done is my guess. However, with the forward positions, it does make you wonder who the hell we could go after if we aren't actually interested in any of the ones we've been linked with. I'm struggling to think of any.

And don't anyone say Welbeck or Deeney :dodgy::dodgy:

I think this is broadly true - if we keep Gana. This way the team can play the same way as last year (although I'm not convinced Keane and Mina would be a good partnership). If Gana goes - the midfield will have to play a different style which will mean the defence being exposed more often.

Also, I think we can win games with DCL up top (as we did last year), no matter what people think of him. BUT he has hasn't yet had pre season, so won't be fit. This will then mean a different style again as either Richarlison will have to switch up front (if he's fit enough), meaning Walcott on the right . If Richarlison isn't fit enough either then that means Niasse up front with Walcott on the right

Gueye won’t be starting our first few games whether he’s still our player or not. He hasn’t had a summer break yet.

Most worrying thing is that apart from Kean & some dodgy Costa stories, we haven’t even been properly linked with an actual striker. Any other attacking player linked is a forward that can play across the front line, but we need to aim for someone who knows how to slot it into the onion bag.

I just hope that things are just kept under wraps which is why it seems very quiet

source.gif

Niasse up front lol. Niasse won’t be anywhere near the team for the palace game or any of the games after that

Status
Not open for further replies.