Confirmed Signing Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
No I wouldn't. Look, I'd play Kean as much as possible. Anyone can make a case that the better player should play in all situations.

If you'd rather play DCL when we dominate possession - even if he'd hurt the possession and not convert the chances into goals - because he's better without the ball in those few times we are going to counter press, that's a preference. I want to get three points against crap teams. I don't want to give up counter attacks because my striker is bad at ball retention. My preference.

I'm fine with DCL missing one of our few chances when we are defending because he's making it harder for the other team to score. It's a trade off. It's a preference.

You can think I'm an idiot, but if I HAVE to play DCL, I'm going to play him when we are in our own half more, defending more, have the ball less.
??? DCL is great at pressing at the front. One of his better qualities

??? DCL is great at pressing at the front. One of his better qualities
DCL is actually really bad at closing down the opposition, he always stands a good 10 to 15 yds off the defenders.
totally disagree

Got to side with Toffeepot on this one

DCL closes down well and works ridiculously hard getting himself about

All he needs is to get a bit sharper in front of goal, something that will come with confidence. He cracks that nut and he'll be in double figures goal wise and he'll also probably have his fair share of assists too

Watch some games and in particular DCL.
Is that a joke?! To be honest man I don't know what to say to you...anyone who watches him knows he closes down well and busts a gut. It's as obvious as saying Gana is a great tackler 'watch some games and in particular Gana'... I missed one match in about 4 years lad, rein yourself in

Got to side with Toffeepot on this one

DCL closes down well and works ridiculously hard getting himself about

All he needs is to get a bit sharper in front of goal, something that will come with confidence. He cracks that nut and he'll be in double figures goal wise and he'll also probably have his fair share of assists too
His positioning for a striker is dreadful, very rarely he gets chances and when he does he cant finish them. He will never be a prolific striker imo. He would prefer to be having a physical battle than making intelligent runs.

Is that a joke?! To be honest man I don't know what to say to you...anyone who watches him knows he closes down well and busts a gut. It's as obvious as saying Gana is a great tackler 'watch some games and in particular Gana'... I missed one match in about 4 years lad, rein yourself in
It's not a joke and I'm not trying to be a wum, I'm not flagging off DCL either, I think he works hard enough, but he is definately sh1te at closing defenders down, they have all day to play the ball wherever they want when he is up front.
It's just my opinion

His positioning for a striker is dreadful, very rarely he gets chances and when he does he cant finish them. He will never be a prolific striker imo. He would prefer to be having a physical battle than making intelligent runs.

His positioning is fine, he's just horribly isolated most of the time so he has to come in deeper. What he does there is good as well because he facilitates attacks by getting the ball where it needs to go. Honestly if you look at a lot of our goals from that good run we had, DCL was in there helping them come together, even if he wasn't scoring them or directly assisting. He's such a handful for defenders as well

I also truly believe the finishing will come

Status
Not open for further replies.