Confirmed Signing Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate you’d want the exact opposite.

When we are going to have lots of the ball you want someone to press and win the ball back quickly.

When you don’t and are effectively playing counter attacking football you need the ball to stick up front to ease pressure.
No I wouldn't. Look, I'd play Kean as much as possible. Anyone can make a case that the better player should play in all situations.

If you'd rather play DCL when we dominate possession - even if he'd hurt the possession and not convert the chances into goals - because he's better without the ball in those few times we are going to counter press, that's a preference. I want to get three points against crap teams. I don't want to give up counter attacks because my striker is bad at ball retention. My preference.

I'm fine with DCL missing one of our few chances when we are defending because he's making it harder for the other team to score. It's a trade off. It's a preference.

You can think I'm an idiot, but if I HAVE to play DCL, I'm going to play him when we are in our own half more, defending more, have the ball less.

No I wouldn't. Look, I'd play Kean as much as possible. Anyone can make a case that the better player should play in all situations.

If you'd rather play DCL when we dominate possession - even if he'd hurt the possession and not convert the chances into goals - because he's better without the ball in those few times we are going to counter press, that's a preference. I want to get three points against crap teams. I don't want to give up counter attacks because my striker is bad at ball retention. My preference.

I'm fine with DCL missing one of our few chances when we are defending because he's making it harder for the other team to score. It's a trade off. It's a preference.

You can think I'm an idiot, but if I HAVE to play DCL, I'm going to play him when we are in our own half more, defending more, have the ball less.

I'd rather our striker presses from the front against possession based teams as they play out from the back more. That same striker can also play counter attacking with a view overloading the defence. I don't want our strikers camped in our half if it can be helped.

I'd rather our striker presses from the front against possession based teams as they play out from the back more. That same striker can also play counter attacking with a view overloading the defence. I don't want our strikers camped in our half if it can be helped.
Neither do I. But it’s going to happen against City more than Wolves.

Bad news Myers at it again. We aren’t after leao apparently. Like he said we aren’t interested in Malcom or Kean. We must be after some players

Even it does mean something, I don’t often hear the Park End booing our players in any case. Not from where I sit anyway.

Funny that our recent strikers: Campbell Yakubu Saha Anichebe Lukaku have all been massively supported by the Goodison crowd. Not sure where this ridiculous myth about the Everton crowd comes from now. I can just about buy that some of them were harsh on Barkley for a bit but even that’s a stretch. Tbh I think we’ve backed poor players for far longer than most other fan bases would and I’ve not detected any note of racism from any part of the ground at any point in my matchgoing time.

Funny that our recent strikers: Campbell Yakubu Saha Anichebe Lukaku have all been massively supported by the Goodison crowd. Not sure where this ridiculous myth about the Everton crowd comes from now. I can just about buy that some of them were harsh on Barkley for a bit but even that’s a stretch. Tbh I think we’ve backed poor players for far longer than most other fan bases would and I’ve not detected any note of racism from any part of the ground at any point in my matchgoing time.
Stones got it in the neck aswell. Not at any point am bringing race into it by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.