Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet we're looking at players from worse leagues with worse scoring records for similar fees and getting excited

West Ham have done well getting Haller and I wish we'd signed him

Look - wasn't that easy?
He’s better than what we have but not necessarily better than what we will have.

Yet we're looking at players from worse leagues with worse scoring records for similar fees and getting excited

West Ham have done well getting Haller and I wish we'd signed him

Look - wasn't that easy?
Comparing the goalscoring records of 19 year olds in their first seasons and 25 year old seasoned campaigners is always going to be difficult though. Haller looks a good player to me, but there's a reason why people are excited about the players we're linked to aswell.

Agree that players signed from this point forward are touch and go for the start of the season, and that could be crucial in negotiating what looks a relatively straightforward set of opening fixtures but I have to keep pointing out that there are (at least) 3 parties involved in any transfer and that Brands showed last year that he will take as long as he takes to get the right deal over the line; all that is to say that targets could very well have been ID'ed early, and our intention was almost certainly to get them done early but selling clubs for whatever reason (haggling, trying to find replacements, etc) could be holding things up.

The only reason I take pains to point this out - and I appreciate I am reaching a bit - is that I like the idea that the team is potentially sacrificing in the extremely short-term to benefit the club in the longer term; compare that approach to the Black Summer of 2017/18 and piling in loads of ill-fitting signings early, and it becomes by far the lesser of two evils.

Also need to bear in mind that players from some countries arent back for pre season yet eg Brazil as richarlison hasnt returned yet. So if we are targeting anyone from Brazil such as everton or neres, then it would be unlikely to happen until they finish the national duty and have their holidays.

Ferro is the CB we should be after in my opinion if Zouma can't be bought.

It would be high risk because he has not played many games.
Their star CB is Dias, who they'd rather keep. (Also would be great for us)
But In my opinion the more games Ferro plays, the more his value will increase, and he has more potential than Dias. (my view only)

He is amazing on the ball and would suit Marco's high defensive line.

Mariano (Díaz) from Real Madrid would be a great striker, he played against us for Lyon I think. Madrid want to sell him apparently.

Is @Eggsyblueskin still doing the morning report? by the time I get to work there's thirty pages in here and I cant be bothered to read them all. Is there anyway to Tag Eggsy's post?

....i’m abroad at the moment, and because of the time difference the daily report has been going out very early each morning.

I notice quite a few posters ‘follow me’ on here, i’m not exactly sure what that is but it might mean they can quickly access the morning report.

various sauces
1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.