Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well he has not been a massive success so far.

As I’ve said previously, I actually think he’s played very well when he’s played and the clean sheet stats for games involving him against some very good sides back that up. He’s obviously had a bit of an injury plagued season and not played as much as us fans would have liked but hopefully he’ll be over that this year.

His performances, especially considering we’d normally give South American players sometime to get up to speed in this league like we did Bernard, were very good IMO.

A disaster...nah!

View attachment 62664

Manchester airport arrivals, SportPesa driver

100% someone’s agent this...

I don’t think anyone wrote off Keane did they? He’s another in the Pickford bracket for me. A decent enough player but won’t ever be good enough consistently for a top six team. If we sign Zouma, I’d expect him to be benched once Mina gets to full fitness.

Even though Mina has been terrible, he’s one of those with a much higher ceiling than Keane. Keane plays at 6/10 level fairly consistently but he’s only ever a D level defender, a good few brackets below the elite. Mina, like Zouma, if he displays his world cup form, could be in that bracket just below the elite.
Yes they did. I’m not going to trawl through threads but there are plenty who wrote Keane off after his first season.

What has Mina done so wrong to be called ‘terrible’? He had a few very, very good performances last year albeit didn’t make the impact we had hoped. He 100% has the talent though and agree that he has more potential than Keane.

Yes they did. I’m not going to trawl through threads but there are plenty who wrote Keane off after his first season.

What has Mina done so wrong to be called ‘terrible’? He had a few very, very good performances last year albeit didn’t make the impact we had hoped. He 100% has the talent though and agree that he has more potential than Keane.

Yep, I did.

Thought the first season had shown us that Keane could play in a narrow, low block like Burnley but was exposed when having to play a more expansive style.

Still think he was exposed at times last season, but you'd have to be pretty blinkered not to admit he made huge improvements last season.

But the window wont close with only what we have, thats the thing.
If the window closes now with every club in the league with only what they have, they will all be disapointed, bar maybe City, Liverpool & Villa

I hope you’re right mate but there’s only a few weeks left. And our moves seem to be predicated on us moving other lads on, which means there is a good chance we may only see one more face come in, which will be nowhere near sufficient to see us break the top six

Status
Not open for further replies.