Cheers dad

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 28206

When was your 'awakening'. I just remember the 80's being red(spit) and blue all the time, whether it was cups, leagues or European trophies. We had a few years of visiting Wembley and my awakening was walking down Wembley way with me dad holding this identical flag.

It dawned on me I was in for a lifetime of pain, and I've not been let down.

Cheers Dad

1973 I went to my first game.
46 years later and I'm still going.
It hasn't all been bad and tbh even with all the misery, heartache and suffering I've endured in my Everton lifetime, I'm happy I was chosen

Could be worse though.
I could be one of them.

For not making me one of them, I thank thee Papa

Broadgreen Hospital 1962 , born into stark raving mad Everton family !

1st Game v Chelsea Home 1970 in the Boys Pen - classic match but don't remember too much of it TBH ?

Then when I could enjoy the match saw a decent side 77 to 80 go thru a mixture of under achievement and bad luck , emigrated 81 , and missed the good times between 84 - 87 , always dreamed of going to an FA Cup final , hurt badly attending and watching us miss out against West Ham 1980 S/F

Despite the above wouldnt have it any other way , Therefore only fair my twin sons are stark raving mad Evertonians got to have someone to share the pain with !

1973 I went to my first game.
46 years later and I'm still going.
It hasn't all been bad and tbh even with all the misery, heartache and suffering I've endured in my Everton lifetime, I'm happy I was chosen

Could be worse though.
I could be one of them.

For not making me one of them, I thank thee Papa
I honestly thought you was 12!!

Born and bred manc dad was a scouser born the day we played at old Trafford Denis Stevens scoring he attended the match with his dad and not at the hospital .
One of the greatest things he did for me becoming an evertonian

When I told him I wanted to support someone else he told me “there’s the door f-ing use it”.

I was about 4. Cheers mate.

Late seventies, Norwich away. Mick Lyons scored. I was about five. First home game was Sheff Wed ‘85, won 3-1, Lineker got two and I think Stevens got one?.
Dad’s from Walton. I once told him I was thinking of supporting Norwich and he locked me out the house until I changed my mind.

Thanks Dad.

Status
Not open for further replies.