Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
At this stage I would rather just hold firm and keep him, we have already seen he won't down tools. But I have to have faith that Brands could pull the trigger on deals if they do meet our valuation.
That's how I feel. I think it'll take too much to revamp the midfield. I'd beg Gana to stay and if we look like crap come January, we can explore moving him. But we need to be focused on selling the fat and buying difference makers. Delph actually will help quite a bit against certain teams depending on setup.

I'd still kill to see players like Ibrahim Sangare in our midfield teamed up with a player like Gana. Just completely dominating the center of the pitch.

Wouldn’t panic to much about that Bascombe article, it just says the player wants to move to PSG.

Hardly a shocker, something we already knew back in January.

Takes three parties to make a transfer happen.

He scored 8 goals in 24 appearances in the French league for the club that finished second and did nothing before that. He might be tremendous but I’m skeptical. I’d also wager like 80% of the excited people here haven’t seen him play beyond YouTube.
24 appearances is misleading because of sub appearances. He played something like 1300 minutes. And even still 1 in 3 at 19 is damn good.

He scored 8 goals in about 1000 minutes this season which is a small sample but also pretty solid for a 19 year old. A weaker league than the Prem but also not a total joke of a league. There is something to him I think. At least as much a risk as Kean for sure though.

Mate DCL had a good games to minutes ratio and I would handcuff myself to brands , pour petrol over us and spark up a ciggy if he spent 40m on DCL. Goals to minutes is a shocking way to judge a player

Mate DCL had a good games to minutes ratio and I would handcuff myself to brands , pour petrol over us and spark up a ciggy if he spent 40m on DCL. Goals to minutes is a shocking way to judge a player
DCL was 1 every 300 minutes so that isn't that good. It doesn't mean everything I agree but Leao is way better than Dom by that metric.

Mate, I loved the guy, the point is, we finished higher than 7th with him and he was not a great striker.

That was a one off mate, only team to finish top 4 with a minus GD. That was our Leicester moment and should not be used as a template to follow as it has happened once since the prem started. Back then there was a top 4, now there are 6 teams at the top with a bigger gap than back then and even they have big gaps between 4th and 6th.

DCL was 1 every 300 minutes so that isn't that good. It doesn't mean everything I agree but Leao is way better than Dom by that metric.

I’m agreeing with @Eggs in that the pool is to small and I prefer to see a bit of pedigree for 40m or whatever they want. He was released a year and a half ago and signed for nothing and plays the equivalent of 11 games this season and is worth 40m? Sandro has shown what can happen if you sign a one season wonder and his sample pool was larger and should have been more reliable . Just imagine paying 40m for sandro

The thing with DCL is he does help us as a team overall. We are better with him in running the channels and holding the play up and letting those around him have a bit more space. You can't deny that. The proof is there with the back part of the season.

But, and it's a big but, he simply doesn't have that clinical nature that we need given as a team we don't really create chances for our strikers - the chances are created for Richarlison/Gylfi on the whole.

I do think Tosun has that clinical touch but he simply can't keep up with the play in the PL, so we have to go for a player who can bring us that clinical nature without giving up what DCL offers us. It's why Haller would have been a good option imo, as he offers quite a bit similar but does have that finishing touch. That being said, DCL is a fair bit quicker, so we also need to factor pace in.

It's a tricky one. We know we need a forward but they have to be right. We can't just go around saying DCL is crap because he clearly isn't and clearly offers a lot. But if we want to push on we need a player that can do what DCL does well, plus find the net regularly.

This is what I don’t get , saying we were better with DLC runniny the channels and our good run of form. Yes ... that’s correct , we did look better when he started playing there and we won some good games. He wasn’t the only change tho, richy moved to RW and which meant Walcott wasn’t missing sitters, taking shots from passing and crossing positions and having a shocking relationship with Coleman , Bernard could actually play and that brought out the beat in Digne so although DLC playing did have a part to play there were 3-4 changes that happened at the same time. Now imagine we had a striker that runs, which is pretty easy to find , I mean that’s the kind of striker we have had for us for 90% of the time since 1992 and try to imagine this striker can actually carry a goal threat and score. I’m not saying 20 league goals a season I mean like 15 ish even 13,

Status
Not open for further replies.