Dixie Dean Hotel

Status
Not open for further replies.
My god some blues love to fume, and are like a dog with a bone. Just wont let things go, even when they explain and apologies.

Get a grip, they made mistakes. Let it go.

did you think everyone was going to be saying nice things about them on this thread? tad naive

Oh you should see twitter.....blues fuming, moaning on every post from the hotel.....blues from Brum, Bristol Sussex fuming!!!

Boycot from Scottish blues....

Not getting all the negativity about this. The chance to watch our big games with fellow Blues in a great atmosphere instead of having RS ruining it. Pretty much every time I’ve been the boozer to watch us there’s always at least one of them that boils my pee. I’ll defo be booking a table or 2 for a few games in there this season. They got their Hotel. We now have ours.

Not getting all the negativity about this. The chance to watch our big games with fellow Blues in a great atmosphere instead of having RS ruining it. Pretty much every time I’ve been the boozer to watch us there’s always at least one of them that boils my pee. I’ll defo be booking a table or 2 for a few games in there this season. They got their Hotel. We now have ours.

It's the same company and it will have as many reds as any other place - hence the amount of reds invited to their opening.

It's the same company and it will have as many reds as any other place - hence the amount of reds invited to their opening.

Indeed, its a business at the end of the day and currently you would say that they have more overseas fans coming over, so they would be pretty stupid from a business POV to exclude possibly their biggest customers.

Sven from Norway wont even know who Dixie Dean is and will probably think he plays for them.

I know it’s the same company, but there’s no way RS fans will pay for the privilege of watching our games with a load of blues in those surroundings, it’s not happening. They’ll watch it in any other boozer that will be showing it free. The hotel will be exclusively Blue for match viewings, I’ve no doubt about that. You mention the amount of Reds at the opening, like that has any relevance. The fella is a businessman, invites were given out to drum up publicity. If I’m not going the game then I will pay for the privilege of watching the game, safe in the knowledge that there’ll be no rats in there. There’s not many places I can say that about these days.

I know it’s the same company, but there’s no way RS fans will pay for the privilege of watching our games with a load of blues in those surroundings, it’s not happening. They’ll watch it in any other boozer that will be showing it free. The hotel will be exclusively Blue for match viewings, I’ve no doubt about that.

Evertonians drink in the Shankly.

You mention the amount of Reds at the opening, like that has any relevance. The fella is a businessman, invites were given out to drum up publicity.

And to send out a very clear message that its part of the football quarter that's coming - reds will of course use the privately owned hotel. They already have.

Evertonians drink in the Shankly.

And to send out a very clear message that its part of the football quarter that's coming - reds will of course use the privately owned hotel. They already have.

I’m not disputing that Reds will use the Hotel, I’m disputing that Reds will use the Hotel to watch live Everton games. Its one thing to drop in for a pint whilst there’s no games, it’s another to pay for one of the packages in a one of the suites to watch an Everton game.

It's just so horribly cynical, isn't it?

No heart behind the project, just money.

It's very modern football, I'll give it that.

The chance to watch our big games with fellow Blues in a great atmosphere instead of having RS ruining it. Pretty much every time I’ve been the boozer to watch us there’s always at least one of them that boils my pee.

I’m not disputing that Reds will use the Hotel, I’m disputing that Reds will use the Hotel to watch live Everton games. Its one thing to drop in for a pint whilst there’s no games, it’s another to pay for one of the packages in a one of the suites to watch an Everton game.

The hotel will be exclusively Blue for match viewings, I’ve no doubt about that. If I’m not going the game then I will pay for the privilege of watching the game, safe in the knowledge that there’ll be no rats in there.

We'll see mate.

I just don't think it will be exclusively Everton, even when Everton games are on.

And as I said, it think it will have as many reds as any other place when the footy is on.

It's a hotel. It'll always have reds/neutrals staying there - it wouldn't survive otherwise.

And as I said, it think it will have as many reds as any other place when the footy is on.

It obviously won't have as many as any other place. Because most other places won't charge. You book a table, at a charge and get a pre match meal and entertainment. Why would RS pay for that when they can watch it free at most other places?

Status
Not open for further replies.