• Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pass me what you’ve been smoking.

We played a lot of teams in terrible form.

This Everton side currently won’t be challenging for top 6 never mind top 4.

How you think DCL is worthy to play regularly for a top side I can’t figure out.

Would anyone around us have him?

Nobody above us would simple.

Wolves wouldnt

Leicester wouldn’t

West Ham now wouldn’t.

Wake up ffs
Because we beat them they must have been in terrible form. Maybe , we beat them because we were better than them and we were playing well....which we were.

None of us know what position in the table we will be challenging for this season but DCL seems highly rated by Silva and Brands and that for me is enough for me to accept .
I think we will see a format similar to he City and Liverpool format. All pace and movement with players capable of moving into different positions on the pitch.
I think the hope is that goals will be spread more evenly throughout the team rather than depending on just one player who largely has the team built around him.

only way we get a striker is if we can get rid of tosun i reckon...

Yeah I think Tosun's injury, which will keep him out through the end of the window therefore making him unable to move, is going to deter us from spending big on a striker. Him and Sandro combined are probably making nearly 250K/week. I wouldn't be surprised to see us loan in a more experienced CF who has fallen down the depth chart (American term?) at a bigger club. A Mandzukic or Costa type, and rotate them with DCL this season.

My guess as to incomings:
- Lossl, Gomes, Delph - duh
- Malcom or another left footed winger 30-40M range - "big purchase of the summer"
- Experienced striker on loan or short term deal (Mandzukic, Costa, etc.)
- young RB to challenge Seamus (unless Holgate impresses in pre-season at RB)

Maybe I'm not seeing this right but don't Atletico usually have fullbacks that defend and isn't Trippier a pretty bad fullback defensively?

The ESPNFC (US version) had been speculating that with the 120M+ Joao Feliz purchase that Simeone and Atleti are going to try to play more expansive football. They've been linked with more creative players (James, Erickson, etc) than normal this summer.

Yeah I think Tosun's injury, which will keep him out through the end of the window therefore making him unable to move, is going to deter us from spending big on a striker. Him and Sandro combined are probably making nearly 250K/week. I wouldn't be surprised to see us loan in a more experienced CF who has fallen down the depth chart (American term?) at a bigger club. A Mandzukic or Costa type, and rotate them with DCL this season.

- Malcom or another left footed winger 30-40M range - "big purchase of the summer"

The ESPNFC (US version) had been speculating that with the 120M+ Joao Feliz purchase that Simeone and Atleti are going to try to play more expansive football. They've been linked with more creative players (James, Erickson, etc) than normal this summer.
It's a noble idea but if after a month or two they are sputtering Simeone will be going back to the tried and trusted sturdy defensive system he loves. And Trippier will be the wrong RB for that.

Because we beat them they must have been in terrible form. Maybe , we beat them because we were better than them and we were playing well....which we were.

None of us know what position in the table we will be challenging for this season but DCL seems highly rated by Silva and Brands and that for me is enough for me to accept .
I think we will see a format similar to he City and Liverpool format. All pace and movement with players capable of moving into different positions on the pitch.
I think the hope is that goals will be spread more evenly throughout the team rather than depending on just one player who largely has the team built around him.

Yeah, it's only a "lack of ambition" to want to stick with DCL is you don't think DCL can get it done. I personally believe he can, as do others who rate him

It's not lacking ambition to believe in a player

Dear lord.

Lack of ambition there is awful. Dominic Calvert Lewin is Niasse with a better touch.

Both impotent in-front of goal.

It’s not so much cg a late a lack of ambition as it is an acknowledgement that people have to be shipped out before we see new faces and im not sure we’ll ship out enough.

This will not go down well, I almost agree, but still think we defo need a Striker.

Sadly it seems as tho we will only get 1 if we can sell Tosun for 20m, which simply isnt going to happen.

Yeah man fully agreed we need another striker but just looking at it realistically. And hey if DCL does start finding the net more often then we’re in a better position than last year.... though granted most would be inclined to think that won’t happen.

The issue is contracts they both have 2 years left and lookman doesn't want to be here and onyekuru's got no affiliation with the club.

So there is a massive chance we could be forced into selling both for sweet fa next season anyway unfortunately.

Hopefully we get decent money for both and also Walcott and Bolasie, strange those four all have 2 years left.

I haven't seen much of either but I'd assumed Haller would have suited our style of play more than Kean.
I'd thought Haller was a DCL type, could bring others in to the game, strong, hardworking.
Kean more a Rom type striker who's all about where the net is.
Am I mistaken?
This is one reason I kind of like Leao better than Kean. I think he has more of the link up side of the game.
I bet you any amount of money that Haller scores more Premier League goals than Moist Kean.
At 45m I doubt Brands saw value in Haller. Good player mind. Leao is the one who actually interests me.
Hence why I said stats wise. Haller blows kean away. I then asked unless these people who know so much are watching both players week in week out to know about them being better prospects than the other.

I guarantee you, 99% had never heard or watched kean before mid/late last season. Now everyone is an expert.
The clique do what they want, they're mod proof. What about that Haller though? Kean Vs Leao etc..
Apples and oranges comparison as well. Haller is probably playing pretty close to his peak and so you are buying a finished product with a limited prospect of improvement. Nothing wrong with that but with players like Kean and Leao you are gambling big money on them becoming the next world level striker. It's a tough one because for every player that goes on to be a worldy you get a handful of Ravel Morrison's.

I find it interesting that only West Ham appear to be after Haller...lets hope we have that level of competition for Kean/Leao.

I wonder how DCL would do in Holland and in that phenomenal 3 with Rebic and Jovic in Germany...

Silva probably wants different options so Kean/Leao are the targets i think. Both very similar good all round players who know where the net is.

Leao could perhaps suit the squad more as he speaks portuguese while Kean has huge potential, you dont get games upfront for Juve nor caps for Italy upfront at 19 if youre not highly rated.

I think we go for Kean and if that fails its Leao...past those two who knows. We must surely have a strategy in mind as we didnt even go for Wesley (cheap option) or Haller...

Exciting times!

Also Atletico unlikely to go for Semedo if they get Trippier

Wish we could get Semedo and Malcom, our right side would rival our left...we'd look ace down the flanks.

Thank goodness!

Not a bad guess on who we will add, but I hope we are not going for an experienced striker because that's another short term fix. If we get rid of most of the dead wood and get fees for Henry, Lookman, Mcarthy et al there should be room for a striker who has potential to grow but can also deliver now.

Status
Not open for further replies.