Confirmed Signing Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manager Marco Silva has described Fabian Delph as a ‘high quality player’ who will bring a winning mentality to the dressing room after he became Everton’s third signing of the summer.

The England international, who has signed a three-year contract, joins the Blues having won six trophies with his previous club Manchester City, including back-to-back Premier League titles.
Silva believes that experience means Delph will be bringing important qualities on and off the pitch which can help to take his squad to the next level.

The Everton manager said: “When I look to bring a new player into our squad, the first thing I look for above all the other things is quality and Fabian is a player with high quality.
“But what they can bring to our dressing room is also important and if you can put those two things together then that can only be good for the Club.
“Fabian is a player who can give us different solutions in our midfield because he can play in more than one position and that is important for us.”

Delph’s arrival follows the summer arrival of fellow midfielder Andre Gomes, who joined Everton permanently from Barcelona last month following a hugely successful loan spell, and goalkeeper Jonas Lossl.
And Silva says the extra competition Delph and Gomes will provide in the Blues’ midfield will provide him with a welcome selection headache.

He added: “As a coach I want competition in our squad to make us stronger. That way, the players can perform and work really hard and then at the end what I want is to have good headaches when I pick the team.
“When you look at players like Fabian and Andre Gomes, the reason for bringing those players in is to have high competition in our midfield which will only be good for us.”

Good signing.

Massive upgrade on McCarthy besic and dare I say Davies

Plus it's another winner in the squad. A far cry from Steve walsh's relegation battler squad

Status
Not open for further replies.