Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit of an odd theory. He got playing time and experience, I think that counts for something?
Maybe, maybe not.

It counts for something if the experience has made him a better footballer, more understanding of his role etc. It counts for nothing if it hasn't. Just playing more doesn't mean he'll have improved, it just means he can count more appearances.

Maybe, maybe not.

It counts for something if the experience has made him a better footballer, more understanding of his role etc. It counts for nothing if it hasn't. Just playing more doesn't mean he'll have improved, it just means he can count more appearances.
This is the problem with Holgate at West Brom. He played RB which is not going to help him better understand how to play CB. Hopefully we can start getting players into clubs that use them in the position they have a future in when we loan them.

Arsenal have said no to signing Ziyech despite Overmars basically telling them they should do it. Honestly it makes sense because Arsenal have no money and aren't going to be able to offload Ozil or Mkhitaryan given their age and wages. But that leaves the door open and it doesn't seem like any of the top level CL clubs are really interested. We should make an offer. He might turn us down as he's said he only wants to go to an elite club but sometimes that stance changes when you are given three times as much money.

It's really simple. RB is not the same as CB and playing RB doesnt make you a better CB. They're different positions and while they share some skills it isn't enough to say Holgate is now a better CB because he had 10 good games at RB.
When I watched him he was a very attacking wing back, emphasis on attacking more than defending. The mins will have done him good but I would have thought if he was in Silva’s plans he would have wanted a loan to suit how we want him to play.

When I watched him he was a very attacking wing back, emphasis on attacking more than defending. The mins will have done him good but I would have thought if he was in Silva’s plans he would have wanted a loan to suit how we want him to play.
Yeah that's exactly the problem I had with it. He's not really gotten any practice working on any of the problems he had in defense last year so I'm not sure why we would think he's good enough now. I actually don't think we do which is why we are so desperate to get Zouma back but it'll be bad if we have an injury crisis.

Maybe backup to Coleman?

Status
Not open for further replies.