SportPesa

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'll be writing to the club asking them why they are content to have Sportspesa as a sponsor in light of this.

Seems odd to maintain that because one thing is bad another can’t be disagreed with. I’d be quite happy for Sky and their money to be removed from football, though, yes.

The whole of football is bad, thats my point, its rotten to its core.

Seems odd that people only take exception to gambling companies.

You either take a moral stance and walk away from modern footy or you turn a blind eye and enjoy it for what it is.

The whole of football is bad, thats my point, its rotten to its core.

Seems odd that people only take exception to gambling companies.

You either take a moral stance and walk away from modern footy or you turn a blind eye and enjoy it for what it is.
Brexit and trump kind of guy?

Yeah, ruins people so it's not nice to see it blasted on the front of our shirt.

So does alcohol I guess, but alcohol is a part of our culture whether we like it or not - gambling advertisement is essentially a tax on the poor.

True. The only sponsorship worse than a betting company would be KFC. Their new offer of 20 hot wings for £5.99 has absolutely ruined me!

They did that about twice and removed the tweets. They’ve also looked to help improve our stature in Africa which is something the club has generally been pretty crap at in the past.

End of the day they’re a sponsor and as long as they give us loads of money then who really cares?

Sponsorship is about way more than just the money coming in

Say what you want about Chang, but they were almost always universally positive about us and never took us for granted

Every time Sports Pesa razz us it makes us look lesser for it. After a certain point that no longer gets offset by the money they give us

Sports Pesa seem to think they can treat us however they like so long as they keep signing the cheques, and I don't think that's right

Simply put, a sponsor should not behave the way they have behaved in the past, regardless of how much money they pump in

Status
Not open for further replies.