2018/19 Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do we need good money Zat?

He was bought for £7m. He's a crucial player for us. We don't need to sell.

I was referencing foreverblues' post.

We dont 'need' to sell but it makes sense to do so.

Its not about age more so who's available who can do the exact same job to the same or higher standard.

The mistake selling Rom wasn't because he was young - it was because we were not in a position to adequately replace him and we've struggled up top since.

There is simply no player out there who we could afford/attract to replace Gana therefore it makes zero sense selling him imo.

Whats all this 'i want it now' ?

Were building a squad...it wont happen this season or probably next that we hit top 4.

Players need to be signed who can get us there in 2 or 3 seasons consistently...by that time gana will be 32/33...

Whats all this 'i want it now' ?

Were building a squad...it wont happen this season or probably next that we hit top 4.

Players need to be signed who can get us there in 2 or 3 seasons consistently...by that time gana will be 32/33...

As I said mate we said this under Moyes when we only needed a striker then suddenly Arteta/Felliani were sold and it was back to the rebuild.

We were one or two missing in recent seasons - a quality playmaker being one to supply our top striker and we go and sign Siggurdsson but only after we sold our said top striker Lukaku and replaced him with garbage - now the rebuild requires a top striker but then we stand to lose a key player again this window just as we hope to finally get a striker in.

We sell Gana now and bring in some 21 yr old midfielder - the time he gets upto Gana's standard if ever we'll have sold Richarlison or Pickford or whatever top striker we sign this summer and the endless circle repeats.

Why haven't we won a bean in 24 years? See the above and we will continue to win nothing if we judge every player based not on their quality/what they bring to the side but purely on their age/sale value.

Reports in Italy and France this morning suggest PSG are interested in Matuidi of Juventus.

Here's hoping, eh?

Didn't they sell him to juventus the other year?

Strange, you'd think it'd be khedira they'd want rid of from the defensive midfielders. I rate matuidi personally but he is getting on now.

As I said mate we said this under Moyes when we only needed a striker then suddenly Arteta/Felliani were sold and it was back to the rebuild.

We were one or two missing in recent seasons - a quality playmaker being one to supply our top striker and we go and sign Siggurdsson but only after we sold our said top striker Lukaku and replaced him with garbage - now the rebuild requires a top striker but then we stand to lose a key player again this window just as we hope to finally get a striker in.

We sell Gana now and bring in some 21 yr old midfielder - the time he gets upto Gana's standard if ever we'll have sold Richarlison or Pickford or whatever top striker we sign this summer and the endless circle repeats.

Why haven't we won a bean in 24 years? See the above and we will continue to win nothing if we judge every player based not on their quality/what they bring to the side but purely on their age/sale value.

We always needed more than 1 or 2 players. Not only 1 striker...there was no depth.

Same now...were building.

We always needed more than 1 or 2 players. Not only 1 striker...there was no depth.

Same now...were building.

Selling to reinvest only works when you get massive money.

Gana fetching £30-35 million is not worth it as the market is crazy.

If he was 26/27 and we had clubs offering £80-90 million then maybe you can justify selling as reinvested correctly we could do what Liverpool did with the Coutinho money.

Leicester selling Maguire for £80 mil makes sense as they realistically could replace him and then have money left over to strengthen other areas

Leicester selling Vardy for £25 million makes zero sense because regardless of his age Leicester realistically wont replace his goals

For what we've been quoted for Gana we wont replace him with as good a player so why sell? It doesn't make sense its not like we are skint as a club.

But it doesn't really unless we get a stupidly big offer. And even then, I'd rather us not sell our best players who are crucial to the system we play.

It's not the end of the world if he goes, of course. But it will mean playing a completely different way and considering it took all last season to develop a style we were relatively good at, I'd rather not have to go through that again.

Mate, you can pick any name out they bought. Proves nothing, other than you don’t rate Gana...which is simply your opinion.
How about Mbappe, Neymar, Cavani etc....are they in Motings league?

No of course not but it makes a mockery of the argument ‘he must be class if PSG are buying him’.

I rate Gueye but I don’t overrate him, that’s the difference. All I’m saying is that he is not irreplaceable in our midfield. Some people are acting like we’ll never be able to play anyone else in midfield ever again after Gueye.

Need to sell him because he's nearly 30, and replace him with Fabian Delph whose nearly 30

Never change GOT lol

I think that argument is that we need to sell if we’re offered £35m+ because he’s nearly 30. Not just “we need to sell....”. People arguing to sell (and I’m not one of them) do seem to be considering values etc

Status
Not open for further replies.