Confirmed Signing Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so can you explain what difference Gana has made to us?

I mean im not seeing a massive increase in league placing since he joined.

Im not saying hes not a great player, im just saying that we bobbed along with him, we bobbed along without him.

Heres a different question, other than Messi and CR7, can you name any player in world football that is irreplaceable to their team?
VVD think he made a massive difference to Liverpool. De gear till last year where he was a bit ropey. Bernardo silva he’s just class I think even with all City’s great players they would struggle to replace him. Gana for Everton haha no I agree with what your saying to be honest. There is a few players that would be a massive miss to there clubs. I think Everton can An will replace Gana if when he goes.

Possibly, but they finished 2nd without, they won the CL with him.

Probably like.
Is not Gana replacement. Change of plans for Morgan Schneiderlein. Delph will replace the french

Still rooting for you.
Hazard.

But I agree with the point you’re making.

Chelsea will defo feel his loss, especially how they never even had a chance to replace him.
VVD think he made a massive difference to Liverpool. De gear till last year where he was a bit ropey. Bernardo silva he’s just class I think even with all City’s great players they would struggle to replace him. Gana for Everton haha no I agree with what your saying to be honest. There is a few players that would be a massive miss to there clubs. I think Everton can An will replace Gana if when he goes.

Im not saying we wont miss him, im just saying hes not irreplaceable.

Ok, so can you explain what difference Gana has made to us?

I mean im not seeing a massive increase in league placing since he joined.

Im not saying hes not a great player, im just saying that we bobbed along with him, we bobbed along without him.

Heres a different question, other than Messi and CR7, can you name any player in world football that is irreplaceable to their team?
Isn't the better question - why WOULD we sell Gana? Keeping doesn't prevent us from doing anything.

But I can play this game if you'd like. We aren't revamping the midfield in a month, so that's not I'm assuming what you are suggesting.

If that's not the option, it's a real possibility that Everton could not acquire a better player in the current side. Gomes and Sigurdsson are in the side, I cannot alter that. So as a result, Gana's replacement would need to be insanely active, covering an incredible amount of territory, first and foremost.

Since you think Ligue 1 and every other league outside of the PL is a farmers league, we could take a look at the PL, but we'd find out that there's no one in the PL that has more defensive duels than him in the midfield, so that's kind of a problem.

Maybe if we just got someone that was still well above average defensively and covered ground, but also has more forward passes, even though he leads our team, which leaves us with Ander Herrera? Romain Saiss has a ton of defensive duels per 90. But neither of those two cover the ground that Gana does, so that's not going to work and Herrera is in Paris. Fred? He's above average defensively, but he's not in Gana's league. He might be slightly better than Gana at pushing the ball forward, although he's not very accurate with it, although I'm sure we could get him from Man U for some discount on the 60M Euros Man U paid for him last year. But it'd cost more than whatever we'd sell Gana for.

You could make a case that Ndidi is as good a defender for a defensive midfielder Gana is I suppose. But he's not even close offensively.

But look, if I thought we could sell Gana, and get slightly worse in midfield, yet use the funds to get much better elsewhere, that would be fine. But not only do I not think that would happen very easily, we don't have to. Why would we?

There's a bit of a problem with these examples. Everton cannot just go and get whoever they want. We aren't that type of club, yet. And the only way it benefits us is getting someone that is better than Gana with respect to the other members of the team.

But VVD, Mbappe, Messi are decent examples. Try some of the smaller clubs that have a compete gem - Chiea at Fiorentina. Christian Stuani had like half of Girona's goals.

Isn't the better question - why WOULD we sell Gana? 1 Keeping doesn't prevent us from doing anything.

But I can play this game if you'd like. We aren't revamping the midfield in a month, so that's not I'm assuming what you are suggesting. 2

If that's not the option, it's a real possibility that Everton could not acquire a better player in the current side. Gomes and Sigurdsson are in the side, I cannot alter that. So as a result, Gana's replacement would need to be insanely active, covering an incredible amount of territory, first and foremost. 3

Since you think Ligue 1 and every other league outside of the PL is a farmers league, we could take a look at the PL, but we'd find out that there's no one in the PL that has more defensive duels than him in the midfield, so that's kind of a problem. 4

Maybe if we just got someone that was still well above average defensively and covered ground, but also has more forward passes, even though he leads our team, which leaves us with Ander Herrera? Romain Saiss has a ton of defensive duels per 90. But neither of those two cover the ground that Gana does, so that's not going to work and Herrera is in Paris. Fred? He's above average defensively, but he's not in Gana's league. He might be slightly better than Gana at pushing the ball forward, although he's not very accurate with it, although I'm sure we could get him from Man U for some discount on the 60M Euros Man U paid for him last year. But it'd cost more than whatever we'd sell Gana for. 5

You could make a case that Ndidi is as good a defender for a defensive midfielder Gana is I suppose. But he's not even close offensively.

But look, if I thought we could sell Gana, and get slightly worse in midfield, yet use the funds to get much better elsewhere, that would be fine. 6 But not only do I not think that would happen very easily, we don't have to. Why would we? 7

1. A few reasons, profit on his sale, the fact that I suspect he really wants to leave, the shell of a player we would retain after we snatch his dream move away twice.
2. Not a revamp, try something new, you can change 1 player without calling it a revamp.
3. I do not share your mistrust in Gomes ability to take up some of the slack
4. I might think they are farmers leagues, but im ok with getting players in from there, they are a major gamble, but I trust Brands eye for talent, so if Brands wants Delph, I want Delph, if Brands wants somebody from Farmers FC, so do I
5. I wouldnt be buying any overpriced tat currently in the league, there are a few exceptions, the aforementioned Delph for example, somebody I wouldnt have picked, but somebody that if he stays fit I think would be an asset
6. Thats my goal, we probably wont be able to replace Gana and get money in the bank, but it helps us with regards FFP, something I know few people care about, but its something on my mind
7. No, we dont have to, we could always stand still, keep playing the same way and hoping we achieve different results or we could try a different player and hope that Gomes and Iceland can pick up the slack

It boils down to this, we both agree that Gana is a superb player and we both agree that hes pretty central to our current system, him sitting allows Iceland and Gomes to push forward, it allows the fullbacks to push on and he gives the CBs a shield, that we can agree on?

I think that we can replace Gana with a player with less defensive skills and slightly more offensive skills, maybe somebody with a better passing range, maybe somebody who can drive the ball once they win it, but of course they would have slightly different defensive skills.

No, I cant name the player, I havent watched anything other than Everton, a few other prem games, the odd CL game and some cup games for a season or 2. Gana Gueye, Kante, Vardy, Digne, these are just some names of players I hadnt heard of until they blew up, so im hopeful that my hero is out there and im very hopeful that Brands can find him.

tl;dr You want to stick on 20 and I want to twist on 17, my 4 is out there.

I should point out ive had to stop all forms of gambling, due to never getting that 4, but this isnt me, this isnt a gamble, this is Marcel Brands only buying ballers.

1. A few reasons, profit on his sale, the fact that I suspect he really wants to leave, the shell of a player we would retain after we snatch his dream move away twice.
2. Not a revamp, try something new, you can change 1 player without calling it a revamp.
4. I might think they are farmers leagues, but im ok with getting players in from there, they are a major gamble, but I trust Brands eye for talent, so if Brands wants Delph, I want Delph, if Brands wants somebody from Farmers FC, so do I
5. I wouldnt be buying any overpriced tat currently in the league, there are a few exceptions, the aforementioned Delph for example, somebody I wouldnt have picked, but somebody that if he stays fit I think would be an asset
6. Thats my goal, we probably wont be able to replace Gana and get money in the bank, but it helps us with regards FFP, something I know few people care about, but its something on my mind
7. No, we dont have to, we could always stand still, keep playing the same way and hoping we achieve different results or we could try a different player and hope that Gomes and Iceland can pick up the slack

It boils down to this, we both agree that Gana is a superb player and we both agree that hes pretty central to our current system, him sitting allows Iceland and Gomes to push forward, it allows the fullbacks to push on and he gives the CBs a shield, that we can agree on?

I think that we can replace Gana with a player with less defensive skills and slightly more offensive skills, maybe somebody with a better passing range, maybe somebody who can drive the ball once they win it, but of course they would have slightly different defensive skills.

No, I cant name the player, I havent watched anything other than Everton, a few other prem games, the odd CL game and some cup games for a season or 2. Gana Gueye, Kante, Vardy, Digne, these are just some names of players I hadnt heard of until they blew up, so im hopeful that my hero is out there and im very hopeful that Brands can find him.

I should point out ive had to stop all forms of gambling, due to never getting that 4, but this isnt me, this isnt a gamble, this is Marcel Brands only buying ballers.
Basically we need the schneiderlin we had first season. I'm on the fence with gana, if he goes then it's an opportunity to try something new with the midfield and revert to how sylva usually sets his sides up. Downside is gana has been so good since the turn of the year we will undoubtedly miss him and it will take time to adjust right at a time when we need to hit the ground running. Weve got a fantastic opportunity this season to challenge everyone bar city and rs imo, not sure it's the right time to let gana go. Ultimately if he wants to go badly enough we wont have a choice. Player power is everything now and while I dont see him being a bell about it, you never know in football.

Ok so I’ve taken a couple days to debate this in my own mind and read both sides of this very polarised fence.

Sadly I think Delph is replacing Gana. I rate Morgan higher than most on here and between him and Delph we can get by, especially as I feel Silva has brought back the best of Morgs. Gana’s Replacement is not as good no, but the case for finding better or equal without the price tag is almost impossible. We have already dropped a load of cash on a CM, doing it twice before we have fixed our issue in front of goal would be lunacy, unless we don’t have issues with FFP, but it’s a fact we do.

Gana is going, and I’m very pro this being the right time for both club and player.

We need to keep cash available for our striker (plus it appears another winger) option and that will cost a fortune. Life is about choosing your priorities and with the requirements we have upfront that is where we need to focus. If Delph/Morgs is a stop gap until we have fixed a far bigger gap upfront so be it.

So if losing Gana at this stage of his career delivers us a potential world class striker, i’d take it every day if the week.

Ok so I’ve taken a couple days to debate this in my own mind and read both sides of this very polarised fence.

Sadly I think Delph is replacing Gana. I rate Morgan higher than most on here and between him and Delph we can get by, especially as I feel Silva has brought back the best of Morgs. Gana’s Replacement is not as good no, but the case for finding better or equal without the price tag is almost impossible. We have already dropped a load of cash on a CM, doing it twice before we have fixed our issue in front of goal would be lunacy, unless we don’t have issues with FFP, but it’s a fact we do.

Gana is going, and I’m very pro this being the right time for both club and player.

We need to keep cash available for our striker (plus it appears another winger) option and that will cost a fortune. Life is about choosing your priorities and with the requirements we have upfront that is where we need to focus. If Delph/Morgs is a stop gap until we have fixed a far bigger gap upfront so be it.

So if losing Gana at this stage of his career delivers us a potential world class striker, i’d take it every day if the week.

Thought the same thing as soon as the rumour broke. We are already trying to find a replacement. That's just how it is.

This is it for me,. I love Gana but I would 100% sacrifice a little bit of steel for a player who is a bit more composed offensively.

This is it for me,. I love Gana but I would 100% sacrifice a little bit of steel for a player who is a bit more composed offensively.
I’m concerned with Gana leaving as without him playing most of the time our midfield has been completely walked through. I thought Gana was a
Lot better offensively towards the end of the season when Gomes wasn’t playing

I’m concerned with Gana leaving as without him playing most of the time our midfield has been completely walked through. I thought Gana was a
Lot better offensively towards the end of the season when Gomes wasn’t playing
It's a risk if Gana leaves because we've relied on his ball winning abilities too much but I really think we will be fine if we sell him, I put trust in Brands to bring a decent replacement in, I think he's absolutely pants offensively he finds himself in numerous decent position around the box but absolutely fluffs them obviously not part of his game but would I trade him for someone who would do better in positions like that? Yes I would.

Delph wouldn't come here to be a squad player he can do that at city.
Delph is starting assuming he can stay fit.
No he isn’t. No one gets assurances of a guaranteed starting place. If everyone is fit he doesn’t get in the team.

If gana goes that maybe different, but unlike some on here, I’m certain we will buy another midfielder if gana goes

Status
Not open for further replies.