Confirmed Signing Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.
My feelings exactly
I was a bit surprised at rumours of the signing but hopefully Brands /Silva have a plan
I can’t see him being an automatic starter but
can cover Gana / Gomes / Digne and as you say he could start certain games and maybe as a sub have an impact on games
I doubt very much he is a direct replacement for Gana but the close of the transfer window in France will tell the tale
I think that Marco was also concerned about losing Jags. That left us short of experience and leadership both on and off the field.

Delph offers these qualities in the dressing room/training ground, as well as playing an active role on the pitch.

No brainer for me. Smart move

I like a lad who drops the F bomb as many times in a sentence as humanly possible.
Bet hes like "MUM !! Wheres me F**** socks".

For the price, for his pedigree, very happy with this signing.

The drop in quality from Gana and Gomes to Davies and Morgan was horrific. This addition gives us some quality depth and allows us to mix the team dependent on the opposition.
This is the main point isn't it really our depth is awful, Something happens to Gomes or Gueye we have Morgan who is okay but is really only useful for protecting the back four and nothing else, Tom Davies who is 50-50 with people so 8m for someone like him if we're supposedly getting 5m for Besic is savvy business.

And
If it is meant we need some back up then go for promising youth, with cheaper wages and you don’t need to offer a four year contract which is near 100k and ending well into mid 30s. It’s his job to hunt for some good promising footballer.
as soon as that young player comes in and has a bad game the park end boo him
Then what
With Delph you know what you are getting

Looks like a signing that will be contextualised by our ability (or inability) to shift McCarthy, Besic (5m to Fulham?) and Schneiderlin come the end of the window.

My opinion is that he's a player with high tactical intelligence and decent technical ability in tight spaces, with good versatility on the pitch which allowed him to play an Alan Harper-esque role for Pep in his first league win in 17/18.

Furthermore, should a significant bid for Gana come in that simply makes good business sense (35m+) and we opt for a '6' like Sangaré, Delph will act as a great comfort blanket which will allow us to blood in the new addition slowly, given that adaptation to the PL can prove difficult in some cases.
Looks like a signing that will be contextualised by our ability (or inability) to shift McCarthy, Besic (5m to Fulham?) and Schneiderlin come the end of the window.

My opinion is that he's a player with high tactical intelligence and decent technical ability in tight spaces, with good versatility on the pitch which allowed him to play an Alan Harper-esque role for Pep in his first league win in 17/18.

Furthermore, should a significant bid for Gana come in that simply makes good business sense (35m+) and we opt for a '6' like Sangaré, Delph will act as a great comfort blanket which will allow us to blood in the new addition slowly, given that adaptation to the PL can prove difficult in some cases.
Lad you are 2 years on the forum
I know you haven’t posted much but surely you realise that sensible posts like this only bring out the worst traits in the bedwetters
For all our sakes please desist lol

Status
Not open for further replies.