Confirmed Signing Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.

I can only estimate that he's very suddenly become available and Brands decided he needed to act now before he misses out. For for that price, you can't really argue against it. Dominic Solanke for 22m or Fabian Delph for 8m?

You just have to hope there is a way for us to lose many of our countless, useless, central midfielders that are on our books.

When I seen him play a few years ago I said to my son this guy will be the next big thing, he said I don’t think so, next thing he signs for city, they don’t sign mugs.

I will admit not seen much of him over last 18 months but I think he is a quality player

Well I can’t see him wanting to come to be on the bench, so that would mean he’d want to start, but who does he replace?

If Gana goes he’s not a direct replacement in style and I also don’t think Brands would replace a 29-year old with a 29-year old do you?

He might if it meant the additional £25m could go towards a top class striker/right winger.

Reactions: Ian
Seems to still be held in high regard by City fans, most seem to think we’re getting a steal for the price.

If the contract is a sensible one, could be a shrewd signing.

I can only estimate that he's very suddenly become available and Brands decided he needed to act now before he misses out. For for that price, you can't really argue against it. Dominic Solanke for 22m or Fabian Delph for 8m?

You just have to hope there is a way for us to lose many of our countless, useless, central midfielders that are on our books.

Could be due to the collapse of the Sosa deal?

Odd that.

Don’t find it odd to be honest. My perception of a DOF is the ability to find promising young players and focusing on having a younger squad, with the exception of players at an older age capable of walking straight into the first 11.

This signing is so Walsh it makes me puke.

Well I think this could turn out to be a very shrewd signing. He’s a quality player who can provide competition in a number of roles.

How many of our best players over the years have been pilloried for daring to dip below their best? That’s what comes of having a threadbare squad. If they’re 70% fit, they play. Dip in form, they play. The addition of quality & experience like this allows rotation without loss of overall quality.

And those saying Brands has changed his plan, that’s not true. The PSV blueprint was to buy/develop youth & sell at peak value, but also to balance it with experienced castoffs from the top clubs.

Don’t find it odd to be honest. My perception of a DOF is the ability to find promising young players and focusing on having a younger squad, with the exception of players at an older age capable of walking straight into the first 11.

This signing is so Walsh it makes me puke.

So you think a DOF should never sign any player over the age of 25 ever, even if a manager wants him and he’s dead cheap?

Status
Not open for further replies.