Confirmed Signing Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.
£8 million for a player who can go straight into the starting 11 isn't bad but then it depends on his wages. A bit of a mute signing, not breaking any delph with this one.

Had to be said.
Who is he going straight into the starting Xl ahead of?

Who is he going straight into the starting Xl ahead of?

I don't think he would replace any of our starting 11 but he would do a job if players pick up injuries or if we rest players. Ha can play in the Premier League, he has played international football for a good side. He is no star but he is a safe pair of feet. Good addition to the squad provided we are paying a sensible wage but nothing to get excited about.

So its £8.5mil rising to £10mil

=
Lukaku's resale clause £5mil
+
Mo Besic to Fulham £5mil

Total = £10mil

I don't think he would replace any of our starting 11 but he would do a job if players pick up injuries or if we rest players. Ha can play in the Premier League, he has played international football for a good side. He is no star but he is a safe pair of feet. Good addition to the squad provided we are paying a sensible wage but nothing to get excited about.
Doubt any player coming from City is on a sensible wage.I'm hoping he'll be another Paul Power,but I won't hold my breath.

this type of signing will completely change my perception of Brands. Can’t believe we are collecting deadwood in midfield again.

Stinks of a change of tact at the top.

Welcome back skint Everton where opportunities arise and we just watch them pass by.

Amazing the contrast between threads generally welcoming the proposed signing and others which oppose the prospect and rubbish the player. Needless to say the latter don't know what they are talking about and the former are siding with the club who presumably know what they are about.

Status
Not open for further replies.