Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would do. Realistically though would we have the funds for that? Plus zouma (or similar) for £30m, a striker (£30m+) and possibly a right back?

Even if we got decent money for Henry and something for niasse and tosun as well I can us needing a big sale to help fund everything we need.

If at the end of the window we’ve only lost Gueye plus a load of players who hardly contributed last season to get in the players we need I’ll see that as massive progress.

Gana + Lookman + Besic = £60mil
Pepe + Delph = £66mil

I think we would be looking at a £100mil window even after outgoings. But you never know with Moshiri. He does back the managers.

IF (and it is a big IF) we could get rid of the dead wood..

Robinson. 2 milion
Bolasie. 6 million
Lookman. 20 million
Mirallas. 1.5 million
McCarthy. 5 million
Schneidelin. 7 million
Onyekuru. 15 million
Besic 5 million.
Tosun. 12 million
Niasse. 6 million

That’s almost £80million and a lot of wages.
Should be able to fund Delph, Zouma (if poss) and a wide player (Malcolm?) with a bit to spare.
Would still need to fund a striker of course.

The book value losses on Bolasie, Schneiderlin and Tosun would be about £30mil there...

So remove the £25mil you added up and subtract £30mil and we'd be up £25mil.

Any top coach should ideally have multiple formations and that was what i was trying to say. He also really likes 4-3-3 and that’s where I see Sig playing less than last season so I see Sig sharing the game time with Delph depending on formation. It also brings competition into the midfield where currently there is no competition for the midfield three so they will all need to keep on their toes and can’t have long dips like last season. I was not really up for this signing but the more I think about it, it really is a no brainer.

Same, it’s got all the signs of Gibson, Barry, Neville all over it.

Then poor runs last year we had, needed a player like Delph to come in and freshen it up - we became too predictable for a while and when the lads had an off day we were made to pay for it and couldn’t change it up.

Robinson. 2 milion
Bolasie. 6 million
Lookman. 20 million
Mirallas. 1.5 million
McCarthy. 5 million
Schneidelin. 7 million
Onyekuru. 15 million
Besic 5 million.
Tosun. 12 million
Niasse. 6 million

Should be able to fund Delph, Zouma (if poss) and a wide player (Malcolm?) with a bit to spare.

I think the price's that you have listed are more realistic than most, unfortunately the stumbling block is the wages. You would hope playing time would be important for players but I guess it's all about the money for them.

Robinson. 2 milion
Bolasie. 6 million
Lookman. 20 million
Mirallas. 1.5 million
McCarthy. 5 million
Schneidelin. 7 million
Onyekuru. 15 million
Besic 5 million.
Tosun. 12 million
Niasse. 6 million

If we get 6 million for Niasse I'll gladly film myself pulling a moonie at every day tripper outside Anfield that day.

Two definite positives of Delph is for a player of his age he has only played just over 200 games, so plenty of miles left on the clock.

Also think he could be a good influence on Tom Davies as they are similar types of players.

Tom needs a big season. when he broke into the team he had Barry to mentor him, maybe Delph can perform a similar function.
This is not the season for having Delph to hold Tom davies’s hand. If them 2 are in midfield every week then we will finish 10th

We need to kick on this season. The top teams don’t give youngsters a season in the team to see how he does. Trent at Liverpool would have been kicked in to touch and replaced sharpish if he hadn’t performed to a certain level, same goes for dele Ali, poch probably thought I would give him 5 games to see how he does.

And Rashford got in at Utd because of an injury crisis.

I wouldn’t say delph is replacing Gana. No way.

If anything McCarthy and besic out = delph in

Smart business make about £7m net profit in transfer fees and then probably save £10k a week in wages

Yeah that's how I see it, but as people have said, why would he leave City to be backup here? And why would we get someone on such high wages to play that role? I'm sure we could get a more than competent player on half his wages to do that job, he won't be taking a pay cut, surely?

Good signing if the wages are in check. Surely this means the centre midfield cull will start soon. I'd be happy with 4 cms, gomes, gana, delph, Davies. No big histories of injuries with any of those and we can move schneiderlin, besic and mccarthy on without feeling it.

That lacks a proper DM for me, hence why we probably need schneiderlin, or maybe sosa, but I can't see us getting rid of Schneiderlin tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.