Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Delph doesn't really fit the box to box powerhouse we need. The 'he can play left back' is irrelevant because we wouldn't have re-signed baines.

Like others, got nothing against Delph, I just don't understand what his role will be. It won't be too replace gueye, surely not? If it was, we'd surely want a powerhouse like doucoure. Although, selling Gana for £35m and replacing him for £8m does go a long way to affording all these attackers.

But he’s absolutely gash and massively overrated, truly limited footballer

Delph doesn't really fit the box to box powerhouse we need. The 'he can play left back' is irrelevant because we wouldn't have re-signed baines.

Like others, got nothing against Delph, I just don't understand what his role will be. It won't be too replace gueye, surely not? If it was, we'd surely want a powerhouse like doucoure. Although, selling Gana for £35m and replacing him for £8m does go a long way to affording all these attackers.
I love Leighton but if we can sign midfield depth and make it less likely he gets on the field in an important game this season I don't mind that. And for all the people saying he's limited he was good enough to play in the City system for a little while at least so he can't be that bad technically. Cover for midfield and LB with experience and under 10m? It really isn't the worst move.

Ive seen both play, I know who’d have out of the 2
In Ganas role. Gana

But delph is a little bit further forward. I’d be happy with a midfield three of Gana Gomes and delph

**** edit. My first choice 3 is gana Gomes and sigurdsson- but if we are looking to close games out then delph would be a good option

Not good enough for us but good enough for a time for Manchester City’s squad and Pep? People’s expectations are insane. I would suggest that people also look at the midfields of sides over the last fifteen years that have won things. United used to make use of the likes of Fletcher, Anderson, and Park Ji Sung. Leicester used Danny Drinkwater consistently throughout a title winning season. Look at the midfield Liverpool put out to win the champions league, all water carriers. Even look at the midfield Silva deployed at Watford, Capoue, Doucoure, Chalobah... now maybe each of those is individually superior to Delph (I’d argue not) and clearly we should be aiming for a better class of personnel than Watford, but the point still stands. These types of players are incredibly useful and allow the attackers to flourish.

If we recruit properly for the front and wide positions this transfer will be seen as a smart bit of business and nobody will care. Have faith in Brands and accept that we aren’t as minted as you thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.