Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, he did score 18 goals all comps in his last Anderlecht season.

Really?

I must have totally blanked that. Fair enough.

Always saw him play deeper and he never looked much of a threat, more of a deep-lying playmaker.

When he played advanced for Leicester he played really well. But he's had 1.5 poor seasons at Monaco too.

I'm not disputing he's an excellent player, just don't see that he's gonna give them any more of a top-six chance than say, signing Gomes would for us.

.....it’s the Tuesday morning Toffee Transfer round-up and things might be hotting up on 9th July;

- Gazzetta dello Sport journalist, Nicolo Schira, picks up on yesterday morning’s news suggesting Juventus have turned down a £27m bid from Everton for striker, Moise Kean. The 19 year old scored 7 goals in 14 games last season, Corriere Della Sera claim Juventus may be forced sell Kean as they look to bring in Mauro Icardi from Inter Milan.

- RMC have reported Everton are about to make a €35m bid for Barcelona forward, Malcom, and Brazilian journalist, Jorge Nicola, says the players agent is in England to talk to 2 unnamed clubs. The Daily Star suggest Arsenal are also interested in the 22 year old.

- According to La Voix Du Nord Everton and Crystal Palace are in talks with the representatives of Lille defender, Adama Soumaoro. Inside Football say Lazio are looking to swoop for the the 27 year old Frenchman who could be acquired for £10m-£13m.

- France Football suggest Watford now lead the race for Nice forward, Allan Saint-Maximin, who has been linked with Everton and Newcastle.

- The Daily Mail report RB Leipzig have made an improved £22.5m (£18m with £4.5m add-ons) offer for Everton winger Ademola Lookman.

- The Star say Trabzonspor have opened talks with Everton defender, Matthew Pennington, whilst Derbyshire Live reckon Derby County are also keen on the 24 year old.

- Voetball24 confirm yesterday’s rumour suggesting Everton’s 31 year old winger, Kevin Mirallas, will move to Standard Liege this summer.

- Italian outlet, Leggo, claim Everton interest in Roma’s 30 year old Argentinian forward, Diego Perotti.

- Speaking to Algemeen Dagblad, David Neres has said he has no intention of leaving Ajax this summer and plans to stay in Holland for the foreseeable future.

I have an early morning flight to catch tomorrow, so hopefully @Kinky Koeman can step in and provide a much better summary than I do.

Can't really argue with 22.5 Million for Lookman to be honest, it's a profit on him if nothing else

I forgot to put Keane in who I think is pretty nailed on to play most games.

But yeah I think when you are in transition as a squad you need to have the armband on somebody who is going to be on the field. There aren't a ton of guys who I'd pencil in tentatively for the next 3 years as automatic selections. Honestly Gana might even be a stretch. Digne, Pickford, most likely Keane and Richarlison are the only other ones. Richarlison is too young and Pickford as you said is a hot head so I'd go Digne as club captain, Coleman can be vice captain while he's still here and Keane after that. I wasn't saying I'd pick Pickford just that my list of candidates would include him.
Makes John Terry look like a saint I guess.

Really?

I must have totally blanked that. Fair enough.

Always saw him play deeper and he never looked much of a threat, more of a deep-lying playmaker.

When he played advanced for Leicester he played really well. But he's had 1.5 poor seasons at Monaco too.

I'm not disputing he's an excellent player, just don't see that he's gonna give them any more of a top-six chance than say, signing Gomes would for us.

Assists. Gomes isn't really prolific in that sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.