With “fans outside Merseyside” being a common insult to the reds, why are the scouser Everton fans thoughts on international Everton fans?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe there's another thread to discuss this, but the Echo calling Everton to task for not courting Yanks enough and playing more matches in America

Link
A bunch of us Yanks have been saying this for ages. ESPECIALLY with how hard NBC is pushing the premier league coverage. If you want to grow the number of supporters you have low hanging fruit is always the best at first. How Spurs are basically "America's team" is so daft considering our history.

Maybe there's another thread to discuss this, but the Echo calling Everton to task for not courting Yanks enough and playing more matches in America

Link
As a Yank that played everything growing up except for one year of soccer in like 4th grade, this article is so on point. I started watching more and more the beautiful game whenever I could as I grew older as it offers in general a different experience and atmosphere compared to all our sports here. I got into Everton mostly through Donovan and Tim Howard. And now the sport is blowing up in general in the states and the PL coverage by NBC is, to borrow Bobby's favourite phrase, absolutely phenomenal and is getting many casual fans into the game and turning many of us into zealots. Our club is missing a big opportunity here.

As a side note, I just love how Landon didn't mention the RS in his quote. True blue

As a Yank that played everything growing up except for one year of soccer in like 4th grade, this article is so on point. I started watching more and more the beautiful game whenever I could as I grew older as it offers in general a different experience and atmosphere compared to all our sports here. I got into Everton mostly through Donovan and Tim Howard. And now the sport is blowing up in general in the states and the PL coverage by NBC is, to borrow Bobby's favourite phrase, absolutely phenomenal and is getting many casual fans into the game and turning many of us into zealots. Our club is missing a big opportunity here.

As a side note, I just love how Landon didn't mention the RS in his quote. True blue

Proper bitter blue that Landon Donovan, whatever happened to his thread?

it is frustrating that "Aussie Blues" can't even identify a scouse accent, let alone where Merseyside is on a map.

i can do both mate, but who are these (other) Aussie fans jumping on the bandwagon? Because of Cahill you reckon because that was a while ago now....

My old man is a Scouser but I was born in the midlands where my Mum's family is from. Naturally I started supporting the same team as my Dad but now living in Australia, it is frustrating that "Aussie Blues" can't even identify a scouse accent, let alone where Merseyside is on a map. I do find myself looking down on some of them subconsciously as they "picked" Everton, whereas I was simply told from birth that this was the team I support, end of.

In saying that, my Dad does try and wind me up by calling me a wool when I use different slang to him.

What a load of crap.

Success brings more support, ...

The increased exposure of the PL in recent years - in places like the US, China, India etc. - probably draws extra interest & maybe some (small) level of additional support. However, anyone who experiences any sort of success whilst these new markets are exploding are the one's likely to make the biggest gains.

Nah..from Dublin...growing up in 80s you had your local team(Shamrock Rvrs)&"cross channel" team..i realised I was a blue in 85 when majority in Ireland would have been manure,liverfool etc...Have made 41yrs of age now and visited the grand old lady plenty of times over seasons..have always loved the craic everytime im there...proper toffees just get it...you just know...

Status
Not open for further replies.