2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so confused.

So both Coleman and Kenny are poor, but we should be outraged that we've sent one of them on loan? Kenny still has potential, though, so when we bring in a new right back, we'd rather the player with potential sit on the bench all the time? Or is the suggestion to sell Coleman?

So confused.

Which ever answer allows Dave to have a pop at Brands to create maximum fume is the right one

Kenny is better at crossing the ball than Coleman and that is it. Pace, aggression, physicality, tackling, defending, positioning, in the air, leadership, Coleman has him trounced in every department.

If Kenny finds a yard of pace and a bit of strength then he might become a decent option burr for the level we want to be at he’s not good enough simple as that. Coleman probably isn’t either but he’s still currently miles better than Kenny. Coleman at his peak isn’t even a comparison.
If a new RB is bought this summer to sit on the bench, I cant see them being better than Kenny. It made better sense to hand Kenny another run of games and see if he can really take his chance. A young player coming into the team (as he did last season) will be wary of cutting loose and just play safe. I think that's how we have to see his first season's effort.

I despair at how when our younger players come thriough and dont perform like they've been PL professionals for 5/6 years they are almost immediately written off. It's a curse of this era in football.The disposable culture. Lets have a bit of perseverance with these lads and hand them a bit more time rather than dumping them early out on loan.

I for one am not surprised, I can recall his outrage when we let Dowell go out on loan as well, apparently that was a shocking decision too. How did that one pan out again?

@davek
It is a shocking decision, because anyone who has half a clue about football can see that Dowell has vision - more vision than most in Everton's first team.

I'm so confused.

So both Coleman and Kenny are poor, but we should be outraged that we've sent one of them on loan? Kenny still has potential, though, so when we bring in a new right back, we'd rather the player with potential sit on the bench all the time? Or is the suggestion to sell Coleman?

So confused.
By rights, Coleman on the decline so sign a new right back to take his spot and the young back up is getting a year of top flight German football in the process

I'm so confused.

So confused.
Who's said he is poor?

You're not so much confused as intent on setting up a straw man to knock down and make yourself look clever.

Too clever by half you are.

I think we’ll understand the Kenny deal more, when we see what we do about backup right back for this season.

If we sign a 29 year old journeyman, then Kenny is seen as the future right back who needs 30 games to improve.

If we sign a 20 year old prospect, then Kenny’s future lies elsewhere.

For what it’s worth, I’d have kept him and given him some games this season.

Or we could sign a new right back with the view that he is replacing Coleman in the team, rather than Kenny's place in the squad.

I think we should be looking at a new right back, Coleman is not the same since his leg break which is a damn shame as he was excellent before that. If Brands and Silva feel that Coleman is still serviceable for next season and that our priorities are in other positions, it wouldn't surprise me if Holgate is kept around as Coleman’s back up.

I don't think Silva or Brands rate Kenny particularly highly to be honest (I don't myself). Considering right back is a position we aren't that great in, the decision to loan out one of our options there is strange. I fully expect us to sign a new starting right back either this summer or next and for Kenny to be sold after that happens. This loan move strikes me as a way to add some value to Kenny before that happens.

Or we could sign a new right back with the view that he is replacing Coleman in the team, rather than Kenny's place in the squad.

I think we should be looking at a new right back, Coleman is not the same since his leg break which is a damn shame as he was excellent before that. If Brands and Silva feel that Coleman is still serviceable for next season and that our priorities are in other positions, it wouldn't surprise me if Holgate is kept around as Coleman’s back up.

I don't think Silva or Brands rate Kenny particularly highly to be honest (I don't myself). Considering right back is a position we aren't that great in, the decision to loan out one of our options there is strange. I fully expect us to sign a new starting right back either this summer or next and for Kenny to be sold after that happens. This loan move strikes me as a way to add some value to Kenny before that happens.

Agree with this. If we bring in a player at RB who can be the equal of Digne on the left, how exciting would that be, especially so if we signed Neres.

Status
Not open for further replies.