2018/19 Kurt Zouma

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is ridiculous, of course I'm not going to itemise last seasons many occurrences, it was a feature of their poor patch and contributed to their sudden drop in form. It's not a forum for statistics and giving a point by point breakdown.

A general observation is enough, I have work colleagues who are Chelsea fans and it wasn't hard to notice their complaints. They were no strangers to the live football broadcasts either when pundits detailed his lapses in judgement.
"It's not a forum for statistics and giving a point by point breakdown." Have you seen this @CRIMHEAD ? Blasphemy!

I wasn't asking you to provide a detailed breakdown, I just thought it was funny that in order to support the claim that he did it all the time, you went to the hassle of including a report about him doing it 5 years ago. It seemed unnecessary, but it's no big deal.

Personally I think he's good. It makes me laugh that people are willing to say 'well Gary Neville said it was like he was being controlled by a kid on a playstation lolllllzzzz' as if it somehow adds gravitas to the point, but ignore the fact that he's won pretty much every club trophy he's ever competed in, got 50 odd caps for the most celebrated international team in the world, been in PFA and FIFA teams of the year, and been consistently picked by a veritable who's who of the top managers of the generation. I think most people who say he's always making mistakes are just parroting what they heard on Match of the Day 7 years ago and have never actually taken any notice of what he does. He does, of course, make mistakes - we all do afterall.

Luckily, I think Frank Lampard is likely to agree with most of the other managers he's ever played under and think he's quite good, which may allow us to buy Kurt Zouma, who it appears we're quite keen on.

"It's not a forum for statistics and giving a point by point breakdown." Have you seen this @CRIMHEAD ? Blasphemy!

I wasn't asking you to provide a detailed breakdown, I just thought it was funny that in order to support the claim that he did it all the time, you went to the hassle of including a report about him doing it 5 years ago. It seemed unnecessary, but it's no big deal.

Personally I think he's good. It makes me laugh that people are willing to say 'well Gary Neville said it was like he was being controlled by a kid on a playstation lolllllzzzz' as if it somehow adds gravitas to the point, but ignore the fact that he's won pretty much every club trophy he's ever competed in, got 50 odd caps for the most celebrated international team in the world, been in PFA and FIFA teams of the year, and been consistently picked by a veritable who's who of the top managers of the generation. I think most people who say he's always making mistakes are just parroting what they heard on Match of the Day 7 years ago and have never actually taken any notice of what he does. He does, of course, make mistakes - we all do afterall.

Luckily, I think Frank Lampard is likely to agree with most of the other managers he's ever played under and think he's quite good, which may allow us to buy Kurt Zouma, who it appears we're quite keen on.
Was it the United game from a corner were he just let it go over his head for someone to nod home? He's a good player and do think he is better set up for Chelsea than Zouma but he still has mad moments

He has plenty of attributes, generally looking comfortable on the ball, not afraid to run forward with it, can see and execute a pass and is a real goal threat from corners or freekicks. Very much like Stones, he's by no means devoid of natural talent, it's just that defending isn't one of them. This doesn't mean he can't be used positively within the right system.

Didn't Mourinho try to convert him into a deep lying midfield player trying to capitalise on his passing ability and use of the ball? I know many Chelsea fans have regularly advocated using him at the base of the midfield where his many positives can be used and the weaker points mitigated against.

Last edited:
From Chelsea's Kovacic article

The signing of Kovacic puts Chelsea under pressure to sell or loan out at least one foreign player to fulfill Champions League squad guidelines. Everton want to sign central defender Kurt Zouma permanently.

Hopefully this helps, cant see what other 'foreign' player they could get rid of for decent money who may not be 1st choice.

The signing of Kovacic puts Chelsea under pressure to sell or loan out at least one foreign player to fulfill Champions League squad guidelines. Everton want to sign central defender Kurt Zouma permanently.

Hopefully this helps, cant see what other 'foreign' player they could get rid of for decent money who may not be 1st choice.

Christ hope that helps.

You literally responded to a post about the last time he made a mistake leading to a goal with an example from 5 years ago. Just saying 'it happened loads of times after that aswell' is a bit of cop out really. So it was a pretty pointless post whether you're using English or Esperanto, tbh.

Anyway, I like Zouma, I hope we buy him.

I like him also warts and all. Don't know of any CB that hasn't made mistakes in fact I do not know of any footballer not making mistakes. It is not as if it is a clanger every game. He had a settling in period then once settled was excellent.

....in the modern game, so much is down to the player in respect of transfers. If they want out, it rarely pays to keep them, move them on for as much as possible.

Zapacosta, one of the left backs Alonso or Emerson. Batshuayi

Would happily pay 30 mil plus addons taking it to the 40 mil mark to balance that all day long.

ooooo maybe it is achievable and recoup some of the money from buying Kovavic.

Status
Not open for further replies.