Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If we can get both Neres and Kean, our front 5 would be set, and we could just get rid off the rest, selling Tosun, Niasse, Sandro, Bolasie, Onyekuru, Mirallas, and one of Lookman or Walcott. If reports were to be believed, we would be paying maybe 60 million for the pair, and could get back conservatively 60-70 if we could actually find buyers. We would basically have a net spend of 0 to improve the front line due to the sheer mass of players we have there to sell. Such a bloated squad.
you missed out calvert-lewin mate

fyi wissam ben yedder has a 40 mil buyout clause

Always need one wildcard in the team no?

I love a wildcard! But you can't have players loosing their heads like that. If he did that in the prem for us he'd end up like Barton when he got a 12 game ban.

They'd just go 3 for the tackle, 3 for the elbow, 3 for the headbutt and 6 for the spitting or something. Our squad doesn't have the quality to loose a player like that for a long time.

you missed out calvert-lewin mate

fyi wissam ben yedder has a 40 mil buyout clause
Id assume we would keep DCL as the backup strike. While admittedly not amazing, hes shown some ability and I suspect they want to see another full season out of him, plus hes shown hes at least capable in the league.

75 pages since I last checked. I think there was something going on about North Korea in here then. Quick bulletpointed summary , anyone? Please?

We need to sell players as well. Sadly it is really quiet on that front...
Without a shadow of a doubt, this is our biggest area of concern... we have to lighten the load on squad numbers, wages and ideally sell some/all of the mountain of deadwood and players who aren't likely to feature at all that still exists.

Bolasie, Besic, Mirallas, Ramirez, Martina, McCarthy, Niasse and Onyekuru, and then there's the players who if we're honest are squad fringe players - Tosun, Walcott, Schneiderlin and Lookman.
And this doesn't take into account any of the younger guys like Baningime, Holgate who might be better going out on loans again or being sold.

We're top heavy with players as it stands, so we need to out some before we're likely to see any more arrivals.

The newspapers can link us with who the hell they like, but the financial sums are simple, we need to reduce the numbers and wages before we can look to add more quality.

If we can get both Neres and Kean, our front 5 would be set, and we could just get rid off the rest, selling Tosun, Niasse, Sandro, Bolasie, Onyekuru, Mirallas, and one of Lookman or Walcott. If reports were to be believed, we would be paying maybe 60 million for the pair, and could get back conservatively 60-70 if we could actually find buyers. We would basically have a net spend of 0 to improve the front line due to the sheer mass of players we have there to sell. Such a bloated squad.

I think we'll be selling onyreku, Walcott and lookman this window if I'm honest. If we can get 25m for onyreku, 20-25m for lookman and 10m for Walcott that's a potential 55m return. Think tosun and sandro will be staying and the others will get very little fees for.

Without a shadow of a doubt, this is our biggest area of concern... we have to lighten the load on squad numbers, wages and ideally sell some/all of the mountain of deadwood and players who aren't likely to feature at all that still exists.

Bolasie, Besic, Mirallas, Ramirez, Martina, McCarthy, Niasse and Onyekuru, and then there's the players who if we're honest are squad fringe players - Tosun, Walcott, Schneiderlin and Lookman.
And this doesn't take into account any of the younger guys like Baningime, Holgate who might be better going out on loans again or being sold.

We're top heavy with players as it stands, so we need to out some before we're likely to see any more arrivals.

The newspapers can link us with who the hell they like, but the financial sums are simple, we need to reduce the numbers and wages before we can look to add more quality.

I think we can sell Onyekuru and Lookman before moving others in, but I don't see the rest of the dross getting sold/loaned until the end of the window.

Most of the top clubs in europe want him, I mean CL teams, we can’t even qualify for Europa, and I highly doubt we have the money to spunk on one player. Utter non story from last month cos we had a scout there, they have us launching £100m bids lol
All this is coming out of Italy mate. Juve don't want to sell and the prices being quoted are a damn sight cheaper than £100m.

This could very well all be just his agent stirring things up to get a better deal for his client and a nice bung for himself. But you wouldn't put it past him to manipulate a move for the same reasons either.

Lets just sit back and see what, if anything, develops rather than just dismissing out of hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.