Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Im a weasel who rats out his sources, can they be put on the weaseling index instead, or is that a ferret thing to do? I dont want to badger you about it or anything, but its an important question and I otter know the answer.

As long as you aren't just parroting other sources - I don't want a rehash of anything from @The Elk

Its impossible to answer. A bog standard PL striker would cost that much. DCL cost £1m, and you never know, might net 10 to 15 next season.

Kane cost Spurs £0.00. Neymar cost PSG heavens only knows. Henri cost Arsenal £500,000.

My question is about expectations. I don’t think it’s unreasonable really.

But its still a daft question. Like what would you expect from a young Right Back from a farmers league in Ireland for £60,000?

Aint the price, its the player.
Well no, it’s not a daft question. The answer gives me an idea of how someone values the risk. Especially in the context of what he’s said previously. I asked because I wanted to get a feel for the posters approach.

For instance, I think 5-10 goals a season is a reasonable return for a £20m striker.

I’d pay over £40m for a 10-15 goal striker and not be disappointed.

Anything north of 15 goals and it’d be closer to £60.

Now none of that suggests you can’t get any of those things for less money. But it gives an indication of what my expectations would be. Which was my question.

Well no, it’s not a daft question. The answer gives me an idea of how someone values the risk. Especially in the context of what he’s said previously. I asked because I wanted to get a feel for the posters approach.

For instance, I think 5-10 goals a season is a reasonable return for a £20m striker.

I’d pay over £40m for a 10-15 goal striker and not be disappointed.

Anything north of 15 goals and it’d be closer to £60.

Now none of that suggests you can’t get any of those things for less money. But it gives an indication of what my expectations would be. Which was my question.

Thats a fair point. Mine was more to point out that the term "£20m striker" is wholly dependent on where he is bought from, (English premium), his age, and the team structure he is expected to deliver in.

Like, what would you expect from a free transfer but paying the player £500,000 a week? Guaranteed returns are rare. Therefore price/goals ratios are frankly meaningless.

You seem to be answering a completely different question.

All I’m asking is ‘how many goals a season would you expect from a £20m striker?’
About 5, but the whole point of buying a player like Kean is the belief that he will become a better player than that over time, but that could take 2-3 years. It might happen straight away and then we look very smart. But we have to be prepared and realistic

Status
Not open for further replies.