Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Genuinely it's possible to have supported the club for about 8 years now and not remember that era. My first year was 2012 and that summer we signed Stones, Mirallas, Pienaar again, and Oviedo. Not crazy money but that's 4 relatively useful first teamers.

pretty sure stones was signed in the January window ... just saying

We were playing well, but maybe we should slow down a bit. We were good, but not THAT good.

Look, we blew it against Newcastle, undeservedly so, but it happened. Chelsea, they dominated us in the first half and we were lucky to not be down a couple of goals. Our second half was amazing, but that could've been a different result. West Ham was without Andersen and they stink with him. We outplayed Arsenal, but their set up was embarrassing - Ramsey sat, Aubameyang sat. That was also fortunate. Fulham completely dominated us in the midfield - which if we were anywhere near a top 4 side would NEVER happen. We destroyed United who aren't that great, and laid an egg at Palace, dominated Burnley, but tied to Spurs without Kane or Son.

So we deserve credit for playing well, but let's not get carried away. There are still a lot of weaknesses in this side that will get exposed over time if they aren't addressed.

You can say that about any single team and any single performance. There were also performances such as Liverpool home and away we could have easily won. Fulham also caused problems for Liverpool home and away. West Ham drew with Liverpool etc. I’m agreeing that there’s work to do with the squad still but a narrative of ‘actually we were rubbish but just got a bit lucky’ is not true at all. If anything I think we didn’t get what some of our performances actually deserved.

....here’s the morning Toffee transfer rumour round-up for Wednesday 26th June:

- Everton’s Official site and various outlets confirm the signing of midfielder Andre Gomes from Barcelona for a reported £22m. The player is quoted as saying: “I’m really happy to sign the contract with Everton, it wasn’t hard to decide, it was an easy decision. I’m very happy to make it”.

- According to Calciomercato, Everton are interested in 22 year old AC Milan midfielder Franck Kessie. Apparently the Ivory Coast international has been told he is free to leave the Serie A giants for €35m.

- Estadio Deportivo continue to link Everton with Espanyol’s Spanish striker, Borja Inglesis who scored 17 La Liga goals last season. They claim Everton have been bidding for the 26 year old since January.

- The Daily Mirror claim Hull City Manager, Grant McCann, wants to sign young Everton winger Josh Bowler on loan.

- The Liverpool Echo pick up on reports in Italy suggesting Everton and Arsenal are preparing €25m bids for Torino’s 27 year old defender, Armando Izzo. The Italian international’s agent, Gianluca Di Marzio, has held talks with Torino bosses to try and let him leave, but they are standing firm & wish to keep hold of him.

- The Burnley Express report Everton as one of a number of Premier League clubs interested in 19 year old Burnley winger, Dwight McNeil.

- The Liverpool Echo say rumoured Everton target, David Neres, could be a step nearer the Ajax exit door as they might have signed his replacement after Quincy Promes joined from Sevilla.

- Calciomercato suggest Juventus have decided 19 year old Moise Kean, who Everton lodged an enquiry for, is not available for Transfer this summer.

Last edited:

Please god it's uncle my nickname and not incest.

Barking up the wrong tree on both accounts here mate.
Uncle Bill is not a blood relation. He’s just a family friend who me mum has always called ‘Uncle Bill’. Bills been me mums friend for years, even before I was born.

He’s been very good to me mum over the years, always helping her out financially and with diy jobs around the house. He was always around when I was a kid. Vivid memories of him banging and knocking the hell outta something when I was trying to watch Sesame Street!

Big massive blue though is uncle bill and I see he was bang on about the announcement of Gomes.

....here’s the morning Toffee transfer rumour round-up for Wednesday 26th June:

- Everton’s Official site and various outlets confirm the signing of midfielder Andre Gomes from Barcelona for a reported £22m. The player is quoted as saying: “I’m really happy to sign the contract with Everton, it wasn’t hard to decide, it was an easy decision. I’m very happy to make it”.

- According to Calciomercato, Everton are interested in 22 year old AC Milan midfielder Franck Kessie. Apparently the Ivory Coast international has been told he is free to leave the Serie A giants for €35m.

- Estadio Deportivo continue to link Everton with Espanyol’s Spanish striker, Borja Inglesis who scored 17 La Liga goals last season. They claim Everton have been bidding for the 26 year old since January.

- The Daily Mirror claim Hull City Manager, Grant McCann, wants to sign young Everton winger Josh Bowler on loan.

- The Liverpool Echo pick up on reports in Italy suggesting Everton and Arsenal are preparing €25m bids for Torino’s 27 year old defender, Armando Izzo. The Italian international’s agent, Gianluca Di Marzio, has held talks with Torino bosses to try and let him leave, but they are standing firm & wish to keep hold of him.

- The Burnley Express report Everton as one of a number of Premier League clubs interested in 19 year old Burnley winger, Dwight McNeil.

- The Liverpool Echo say rumoured Everton target, David Neres, could be about to move a step nearer the Ajax exit door as they might have signed his replacement after Quincy Promes joined from Sevilla.

- Calciomercato suggest Juventus have decided 19 year old Moise Kean, who Everton lodged an enquiry for, is not available for Transfer this summer.

If there’s any truth in the Kessie rumours it must surely be as a Gueye replacement.

Kessie is with Ivory Coast at AFCON as is Gueye with Senegal so cant see any movement on that front in a while

Status
Not open for further replies.