Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What’s that Moise Kean play like, does he do anythin like the pressing of DCL? Cus felt we played our best footie last year when we had him running like around like a madhead in front of em all

Should try to replicate that with who we bring in, just needs to be able to do that thing that Dom can’t do

I doubt it mate , I can’t actually remember a single Italian striker that presses tbh

Reactions: FTY
Chris Sabo says hello

images

Why is that soft arse wearing safety glasses while playing rounders?

Problem is, say Zouma signs next, we’re no better than we were last season and we were average. Definitely need some fresh blood up top, centre mid and right-back.

The more negative Evertonians claimed we wouldn’t even replace Gomes and Zouma. The slightly less negative said we needed to get them done quickly so that we didn’t just stand still.

It’s looking likely that that is exactly what might happen. We started last season with most of these new players not getting a pre season. Only Richarlison started the Wolves game. This time we’ll be looking at all of them having a full pre season on the back of a year together last season. We’ll also cut more of the deadwood and hopefully add a signing or two.

I’ve just got no doubts with Brands now spending Moshiri’s money that we’re going to get stronger every window now. Good times ahead. If he can magic up a baller up front we might really be onto something.

Even if this does happen (which I doubt they would be banned from) the next champions league competition they qualify for. Not the up coming season.
The article I read quoted their immediate upcoming CL campaign not the the next one they qualify for.
If we did get the extra place changes would arguably have to be made to our summer transfer strategy.

Problem is, say Zouma signs next, we’re no better than we were last season and we were average. Definitely need some fresh blood up top, centre mid and right-back.
Id have to kindly disagree with that. The last 1/3rd of the season we were one of the best 4 teams in the league, and it was a new season and new system for many players. The general consensus has always been that it takes time to learn a new system, and for new players and managers to be effective, but that if they are good the longer they are in place the more the team improves. If this team does not improve at all from the last 1/3rd of the season, with the exact same players in place, playing the same, we make the Champions league.

But I dont think we will be stopping at Zouma or a comparable CB, I think we will also add a striker, a winger, and RB, so you will get most of your wish list.

Are the moaning people 12? Did they not live through the season were we made zero signings? people need to get laid once/more
Genuinely it's possible to have supported the club for about 8 years now and not remember that era. My first year was 2012 and that summer we signed Stones, Mirallas, Pienaar again, and Oviedo. Not crazy money but that's 4 relatively useful first teamers.

Id have to kindly disagree with that. The last 1/3rd of the season we were one of the best 4 teams in the league, and it was a new season and new system for many players. The general consensus has always been that it takes time to learn a new system, and for new players and managers to be effective, but that if they are good the longer they are in place the more the team improves. If this team does not improve at all from the last 1/3rd of the season, with the exact same players in place, playing the same, we make the Champions league.

But I dont think we will be stopping at Zouma or a comparable CB, I think we will also add a striker, a winger, and RB, so you will get most of your wish list.
We were playing well, but maybe we should slow down a bit. We were good, but not THAT good.

Look, we blew it against Newcastle, undeservedly so, but it happened. Chelsea, they dominated us in the first half and we were lucky to not be down a couple of goals. Our second half was amazing, but that could've been a different result. West Ham was without Andersen and they stink with him. We outplayed Arsenal, but their set up was embarrassing - Ramsey sat, Aubameyang sat. That was also fortunate. Fulham completely dominated us in the midfield - which if we were anywhere near a top 4 side would NEVER happen. We destroyed United who aren't that great, and laid an egg at Palace, dominated Burnley, but tied to Spurs without Kane or Son.

So we deserve credit for playing well, but let's not get carried away. There are still a lot of weaknesses in this side that will get exposed over time if they aren't addressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.