Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still don't know which season was worse, that one, Martinez's second or 93/94

Probably three of the worst Everton seasons in my lifetime

Martinez’s second was dreadful, 28 points going into March. People just assume it was an 11th place mid-table bore of a season but that was not the case at all. We pulled ourselves clear with good form in the last 7/8 weeks.

Martinez’s second was dreadful, 28 points going into March. People just assume it was an 11th place mid-table bore of a season but that was not the case at all. We pulled ourselves clear with good form in the last 7/8 weeks.

I remember a meltdown on here when Tim Sherwood’s Aston Villa who were near certainty’s to go down won away from home unexpectedly and were only 3 points behind us when we were in absolute free fall. We hadn’t been bummed by Dynamo yet so apparently in that moment it was still our best season since the 80s or something like that.

I remember Kone scoring against an absolutely putrid Newcastle side to take an early lead and still thinking ‘they’ll still beat us, we’re the worst team in the league’. Think Garbutt was at left back and Baines in midfield.

I remember a meltdown on here when Tim Sherwood’s Aston Villa who were near certainty’s to go down won away from home unexpectedly and were only 3 points behind us when we were in absolute free fall. We hadn’t been bummed by Dynamo yet so apparently in that moment it was still our best season since the 80s or something like that.

I remember Kone scoring against an absolutely putrid Newcastle side to take an early lead and still thinking ‘they’ll still beat us, we’re the worst team in the league’. Think Garbutt was at left back and Baines in midfield.

Aaron Lennon came in to save us.

Lukaku scored about 6 open play goals in the league all season too. The Europa League run couldn’t even mask the trouble we were in, we only got to the last 16.

Hopefully this summer’s transfers can help us avoid more of those miserable times.

What wound me up so much as well was all the people acting like we weren't in any real danger either. We really were until that Newcastle game

I tell you what, I hope we get this transfer window right because seasons like that show what happens if we don't

I think that coincided with Osman’s return from injury.
Very underrated player

Weird to think now, what with the first Martinez season being so exciting.

Everton: from the ridiculous to the sublime, and back again.

I was at that game, we genuinely started well and were knocking it about comfortably, then they scored a garbage pearoller and we completely collapsed and they were all over us. Eto’o came on and played left wing back, Pardew resigned after the game. Truly Everton times.

Status
Not open for further replies.