2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
We all realize that another striker is required to score 15-20 goals & help lift the burden off Richarlison & Siggurdssson however with DCL improving every season expect him to make a big contribution next season & chip in with 10-15 goals...

DCL will only get better,stronger & more capable of scoring goals & this factored in with the natural progression of his ability & confidence should not be under estimated...

No way we are going to challenge for the top 6 if DCL is still our starting striker next season. But I'm fairly sure we will have a new striker starting next season and DCL will be on the bench.

No way we are going to challenge for the top 6 if DCL is still our starting striker next season. But I'm fairly sure we will have a new striker starting next season and DCL will be on the bench.
We may well get another striker, or 2, in before season starts but DCL will play his part on pushing us into the top 6. IMO.

Same, no way can a 6 goal striker fire us in to the top 6 - even as good as the team played. Those chances he missed at Fulham for example should have been buried. Needs a loan to a promoted team imo.

That was 15 years ago.

The games changed and we play a lot differently now, horrendous comparison.

It's not changed that much. In football, the team has to score goals, it's irrelevant who scores them. I would like an upgrade on DCL too, but getting a 15 goal a season striker at all costs and thinking it will just add 15 goals to last season's tally is incredibly narrow thinking, and leads to the worship of average donkeys like Lukaku and stunts progress

beat me to it.
Same, no way can a 6 goal striker fire us in to the top 6 - even as good as the team played. Those chances he missed at Fulham for example should have been buried. Needs a loan to a promoted team imo.

6 goals in much less than a full seasons playing time. Give him most of the minutes of Tosun and Richarlison at 9, and he probably is at 10? if not more and now you’re looking at a very good season- especially since even his detractors admit that he helped the shape of the attack by occupying the CBs and offering good hold up play.

Fair to say IMO that a whole season of DCL up front and in form Bernard, Siggy and Richarlison probably yields an additional 7-8 goals at least, and maybe striking distance of 6th.

How has the game changed????? The aim of the game is for a TEAM to score more goals than the other TEAM score past you.

Football is ancient; tactics change, player profiles change, rules change - the aim of the game doesn’t.

Ok, let's play like we did under Moyes that season and see where that gets us. Scraping 1-0's with an injured target man to save the day most games.

it's all about pressing and fast counter attacking now- hence why City and Liverpool are so dominant.

beat me to it.

6 goals in much less than a full seasons playing time. Give him most of the minutes of Tosun and Richarlison at 9, and he probably is at 10? if not more and now you’re looking at a very good season- especially since even his detractors admit that he helped the shape of the attack by occupying the CBs and offering good hold up play.

Fair to say IMO that a whole season of DCL up front and in form Bernard, Siggy and Richarlison probably yields an additional 7-8 goals at least, and maybe striking distance of 6th.

I'll agree with you here, if it was DCL starting upfront instead of Richarlison during that period, he would have got at easily 9.

It's not changed that much. In football, the team has to score goals, it's irrelevant who scores them. I would like an upgrade on DCL too, but getting a 15 goal a season striker at all costs and thinking it will just add 15 goals to last season's tally is incredibly narrow thinking, and leads to the worship of average donkeys like Lukaku and stunts progress

DCL needs a loan to play every week for a team so he can learn to finish the chances he missed with us.

Ok, let's play like we did under Moyes that season and see where that gets us. Scraping 1-0's with an injured target man to save the day most games.

it's all about pressing and fast counter attacking now- hence why City and Liverpool are so dominant.

You’re not understanding my point mate: it doesn’t matter who scores as long as the team scores.

Status
Not open for further replies.