Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No worries mate... my understanding is that Esk decided to stop posting here on GOT in order to concentrate on developing the EBM podcasts via the Blue Room, and writing his own blog articles, which I personally find interesting reading.

Always liked him very much. He took some s**t for the Witsel comments and why not, but he says a lot of good stuff

He is. The time and effort he puts in is tremendous.

At the very least he gives an overview of the club and attempts to make an assessment of how we're looking and where we could be heading.

I fail to see how that grinds people's gears. As said above: people who were promised a shiny new toy a few years back and didn't get it are determined to stamp their feet forever about it.

Seriously mate, IS EVERYTHING OK AT HOME?

My take on the whole Moshiri / USM ownership is that Everton is a marketable commodity based within a far larger scale project on the Liverpool waterfront.

The purchase of BMD and the Liver building where the 1st stages of a huge regeneration of the area.

The exposure and global interest in the Premier League brand makes having a successful club a key ingredient in a far greater scheme.

These people are so wealthy that I doubt they are concerned about losing the odd 100m+ at this stage if the overall aim comes to fruition.

The money involved in this 'game' is so incomprehensible these days.

As if he’s going to risk the value of his investments in EFC and the Royal Liver Building to repay a few loans

The grand point is the boy is performing and against the best teams across Europe but he just doesn’t want to do it for us
He had one good match against Madrid. Steven Naismith scored a hat trick against Chelsea once.

The rest of the teams he's played well against were either Czech or Russian. Hardly Europe's best.

Was he going to start over anyone in the first 11? No. He wants to start each week and he's not good enough do that here at the moment but he is good enough to do it against Russia's best. Good luck to him.

He had one good match against Madrid. Steven Naismith scored a hat trick against Chelsea once.

The rest of the teams he's played well against were either Czech or Russian. Hardly Europe's best.

Was he going to start over anyone in the first 11? No. He wants to start each week and he's not good enough do that here at the moment but he is good enough to do it against Russia's best. Good luck to him.
Perfect. Now to come full circle and back to my original point... How does a few good games in CL and doing mediocrely well in the Dutch league qualify Neres to be a starter in our team and worth a transfer 3-4x that of what we just sold Vlasic for?

Which looks less impressive in hindsight because Madrid was bad by their standards this season. 3rd in La Liga, 19 points behind Barca. Semi-finals in Copa del Rey. Both of those are poor given the dropoff in quality in Spain once you get past Real, Barca, and Atletico. Out of CL at round of 16.

Vlasic's not the only guy who had a good game against RM this season it would seem.

Ha Ha Ha. That's some theory.

I'd advise you to apply Occam's Razor though. After 3 years of evidence that's piled up he simply sees the reality of the Moshiri era: a house of cards.

Ok Occams Razor then...

Moshiri’s hypothesis- By investing in the club, its infrastructure and bringing in renowned football mind in Marcel Brands to lead the direction of the club, Everton will prosper thus seeing a great return on his shareholdings

Your’s/The Esk’s hypothesis- We need a rich powerful successful businessman, that is not Moshiri, to deliver investment in the club, infrastructure and bring renowned football minds to lead the direction of the club faster than Moshiri has because you are bedwetters...and then presumably you don’t care if they get a return on tgeir investments because its all about you you you

Two hypothesis leading to the same outcome Occams Razor says to choose the path with the least assumptions... i will stick with Moshiri thanks... forgive me for choosing the business knowledge of an Iranian Billionaire over the knowledge of a twitter account holder that got caught up in the ITK wannabe persona that hits so many this time of year

As for another part of Occams razor-
"entities should not be multiplied unnecessarily".... we don’t need more than one fear mongerer so you and @gladysblue or whatever his name is should decide which one does one out of the transfer thread

Does trading posters on the Everton Forum Transfer Thread count as on topic:Blink:

If not

Cracking piece of business securing Andre Gomes, it’s a shame about the Rudiger injury as our hopes for securing Zouma as well have surely been slashed in the process, its all good buying a “better cb” but Zouma had a proven partnership and needed no time adapting to the prem... i still hold high hopes for Yerry Mina though certainly haven’t written him off...

Over to you Mr Brands Sir
4D073809-4728-4F7C-A2EC-E658F7405DFA.jpeg

Know your enemy.

"Three goals and nine assists in less than one-thousand Eredivisie minutes is a remarkable feat."

- Pretty sure Klassen beat that production

"Although David Neres isn’t as explosive as other top-tier wingers"
"His lack of blistering pace may hinder the youngster as he eyes an international spot for the Seleção and, perhaps, a bigger club."
"Whether his lack of pure physicality will limit his ceiling at the top level is still up in the air."

-
A winger in the Prem that likes to dribble but doesn't have the pace sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.

"The premise of a successful David Neres is productive one-on-one dribbling encounters. Vice-versa, Neres looks flat if he can’t manage to trick his marker into a defensive falter."

- If he can't trick his defender the attack ends or he passes the ball back. May work in a league known to have some of the worst defending in Europe but not the Prem.

"Against lesser teams, the individual brilliance of someone like Neres is vitally important. Breaking down a back five or a deep block requires a nifty touch. Beating a more daunting opponent, like Bayern Munich, requires that specific skill in addition to intelligent attacking and defending movements. Neres can do both, although isn’t fully consistent in his application."

-
(Can play well against bad teams but doesn't play well against better opponents.) lol

"David Neres came to Amsterdam with a €12 million price tag and hopes of joining a top European club in the future. To this point, it’s fair to say the future Brazilian international has lived up to his billing both on the stats sheet and from an analytical perspective."

- For a £10m price tag hell yeah I'd say give him a punt and say he's worth it especially after selling Vlasic for £14m. But like f-ing hell is he worth £40-50m and don't even mention him with a £80-90m price tag, that's just completely absurd

"Neres isn’t completely ready for his career-defining transfer"

- Probably the best piece of advice you could take from this article and they usually do very well with their analyses.

Status
Not open for further replies.