Sell to Buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
We all recognise (surely) there's a lot of players to ship out. But, we also know that its not that simple. These players we want rid off are on very good wages. The type of clubs who they could go to can't necessarily pay the wages. Unfortunately the players concerned, whilst potraying that they simply just want to play first team football, seemingly aren't prepared to lower wages demands. Effectively wanting the wages they're on at Everton until that contract expires. Sandro, Mirallas and Bolasie just for starters.
Brands has a massive job on his hands and I'm afraid its going to take a few windows to redress the balance.
Vlasic is a start for me. And if Gomes signs, then whats not to like with that one.

Can't sell the worst of the deadwood as they're on far too high a wage that they're too expensive. Next best option is to thin out the fringe players who don't look likely to come through to be first team regulars.

Bring in better players whilst managing the books and financial rules of the game.

Seems like a sensible way to do stuff after being lumbered with a load of overpaid stinkers.

We have to suffer the consequences of having a few awful windows in the past. We are bound by ffp & just simple business practices.
Our current commodity is gash. Expensive overpaid gash. Who the hell wants to buy that?!!

Sandro on minimum 5.2million quid a year. You'd have to be an idiot to take him off us if he's not willing to lower his wages. Barely scored a goal in 2 years and has looked better kicking the floor than the ball.

We aren't sell to buy we are sell to sell. No point stockpiling these fringe players and wasters who either are fundamentally no good (sandro, niasse, bolasie and on and on and on) or cant be arsed (schnedierlin, walcott, lookman and on and on and on). Vlasic had his time here, did f all with it, we sold him and brought in a better player, who plays a completely different position to him but somehow people still consider that sell to buy. Is it not just common sense?

Think we're low on parking spaces tbh so have to clear out a few to allow new signings to not have to leave some scally minding their car for £2

Word on the street says it's the Finch Farm locker shortage once again. They had to sell Vlasic immediately or Gomes wouldn't have anywhere to put his extensive range of skin care products and beard trimming accessories.

Sandro on minimum 5.2million quid a year. You'd have to be an idiot to take him off us if he's not willing to lower his wages. Barely scored a goal in 2 years and has looked better kicking the floor than the ball.

We aren't sell to buy we are sell to sell. No point stockpiling these fringe players and wasters who either are fundamentally no good (sandro, niasse, bolasie and on and on and on) or cant be arsed (schnedierlin, walcott, lookman and on and on and on). Vlasic had his time here, did f all with it, we sold him and brought in a better player, who plays a completely different position to him but somehow people still consider that sell to buy. Is it not just common sense?

That kicking the floor video of him is superb btw lol

Honestly amazed that people scream sell to buy when every club in the world no matter how rich would like to get rid of players their manager doesnt want or sees no future in.

You cant just pay fortunes to an endless amount of players.

Honestly amazed that people scream sell to buy when every club in the world no matter how rich would like to get rid of players their manager doesnt want or sees no future in.

You cant just pay fortunes to an endless amount of players.

It's not even the transfer fees that are the issue either, it's the mountain of wages we're paying

That'll hurt us in the FFP stakes way more than transfer fees

I think we should genuinely consider just releasing people from their contracts and paying them off at this stage

Who on Earth is going to take Sandro off us for instance? At this stage, paying him off might cost less than letting his contract run till it's end

Negotiate a buy out fee and get rid of him

May as well loan him than pay out his contract. He'd probably expect very close to the full amount up front. At least loaning him we might get someone to pay a third of his wages or something.

May as well loan him than pay out his contract. He'd probably expect very close to the full amount up front. At least loaning him we might get someone to pay a third of his wages or something.

Well I'd say to him you can accept the buy out or you play in the reserves for the rest of your contract. Essentially kill his career off until he plays ball

Might as well do that and wait for him to come to the bargaining table rather than bothering with another loan

Love the idea of sell to buy. We have a lot to deadwood to shift and our target is for a smaller, stronger squad.
Replacing 3 duffers for every one good ‘un makes perfect sense.

Well I'd say to him you can accept the buy out or you play in the reserves for the rest of your contract. Essentially kill his career off until he plays ball

Might as well do that and wait for him to come to the bargaining table rather than bothering with another loan

I don't know the lad obviously. I'd hope he's motivated only in getting his career going again and takes a pay cut to go play somewhere.

But I dare say he'd be in a small minority of he did agree to that. It's hard to see us getting any sort of favourable deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.