2018/19 Nikola Vlasic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clearly the lad misses being in a country where they have military on the streets and queue for bread. Good luck to him.
wow, very mature comment :) Go with the prejudices and platitudes when you really got nothing to say. I bet he signed for them cause they gave him Lada. Nothin' like a soviet car...

First of all, to introduce myself, although no one cares i guess. I'm a Hajduk Split fan who never really got over selling Vlašić to you guys, he was a too important player for us at the time. That move costed us in a bad way, no one filled the void for a long time, we were wandering offensively with no creative or aggressive players like him. After the transfer I kinda started following Everton a bit, hoping to see if the kid managed to make a nice shift to upper class of football and more competitive league... At the start while Koeman led the team, he got some chances now and then but the team generally look terrible, even much more expensive players didn't show anything and should have been more criticized, the result suffered and Koeman "flew" ... Then Unsworth ignored him after... The kid hoped for the minutes to complete the adjustment and stabilize his status, instead what did he get? You had a few more expensive players at his position and you were not patient with the kid, the truth is he never really got the chance. I understand you all speak protectively about the club and defend it's interests, but in my opinion (and I'm trying to be objective here although I like Vlašić as a player) you guys got rid of him too easy. He's already "worth" 20 mil. by the transfermarkt, he made a great move going to CSKA, he leveled up his game and got recognized as a player. One day he's gonna be worth much more, I've watched the kid in every Hajduk Split game, every Croatian national team game, and some CSKA games, he's a beast mark my words. Good thing you made some profit here, but long term, I think you lost a great player and a chance to earn more, the time will show...

Not over...i was comparing to the player they sold last summer (Golovin) to Monaco. Vlasic had a better season and is younger. Golovin went for €25mil.

It appears that Vlasic has done a Gomes and said he only wants to join CSKA.

Bought €10.8 mil
Sold €15.7 mil + sell on + loan fee
The logic is spot on. It could be argued that what Vlasic did at his age last year was unprecedented or certainly hasn't been done for years. That being said, if others didn't offer more, is another year in Moscow going to help his value? Take the money, out a big sign in clause un case he blows up, and move on.

Tony Mowbray didn’t rate serge Gnabry whilst at West Brom

He played 30 games for Bayern Munich last season and scored 10 goals

Some managers get it wrong

When you see the likes of de Bruyne and salah being sold after only making a few sporadic appearances and then go and become global footballing stars it just shows you that mistakes can happen

I'm not disputing that.

So we should keep every player that we have doubts over?

Vlasic wasn't going to play for us. Evidently. We had a good deal on the table and will now invest that money in a player that Silva rates.

£14m is decent considering we dont want or need him.

Hopefully many more follow him out the door and we trim the squad right back.

The Russian league really is dire and he went off the boil after a good start. He's not needed so any profit is great. He's an okay player and he'll have a decent career.

A decent bit of business for Everton and Vlasic can go and try to build his career at a club where he will get first team football every week, apparently there is a sell on clause whereby we may get some more money in the future.

The fact remains that next season he simply would not get regular football in the Everton team and if we are able to make some of the signings that we are linked with he would be even further down the pecking order.

If, we progress on an upward curve then we will see more of this where good young players will be sold on because although good they are not just good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.