• Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am livid!!!!!

....you can only sell what a buying club is prepared to pay, especially when the player isn’t in demand. Early in the summer reports suggested there was no interest in Vlasic @ €15m asking price, hence a few enquiries about a loan deal.

£14m with a sell-on clause is probably as good as we were going to get. I wouldn’t be livid if that figure is true.

He played in the Champion’s League last season - its not all about what league you’re in.
That's like going to Celtic to play Champions League. Yeah they're gonna qualify every year but that's only because their league is useless and they'll never make it past the group stages. If they make it that far in the first place.

I always thought that if a player wanted CL they'd try to get to a team that could actually compete, what's the point in going to a worse team to just make up the numbers in the CL? I'd definitely question his ambition.

Just had a "pop up" from Google news on my tablet.
The Evening Standard has a headline "Barcelona Flop on verge of signing for Everton"
Referring to Gomes of course but why the negativity. Is it because Spuds or Hammers aren't getting him in which case it would be Portuguese star, or Barcelona ace?

....you can only sell what a buying club is prepared to pay, especially when the player isn’t in demand. Early in the summer reports suggested there was no interest in Vlasic @ €15m asking price, hence a few enquiries about a loan deal.

£14m with a sell-on clause is probably as good as we were going to get. I wouldn’t be livid if that figure is true.

I know you can only sell what people are buying but I'd rather send him out on loan for another year to a German or Italian side for another season if that is the best we can get. His price tag will be increasing all the time.

He's been one of the best players in the Russian leauge at 21. We bought Billy for 10m a decade ago and now with the market being absolutely mental we can only get 14m for vlasic?

I'm a massive fan of brands but this is poor business imo.

That's like going to Celtic to play Champions League. Yeah they're gonna qualify every year but that's only because their league is useless and they'll never make it past the group stages. If they make it that far in the first place.

I always thought that if a player wanted CL they'd try to get to a team that could actually compete, what's the point in going to a worse team to just make up the numbers in the CL? I'd definitely question his ambition.

Mate he’s like 21 this isn’t his final move. Who is more likely to get him playing at the Bernabeu - us or CSKA?

The whole "another one off the wage bill" thing is mad. Vlasic ISN'T the kind of player we need off the wage bill. He's probably not on more than 30k/week. Just really irked with the whole thing honestly. Think he is going to be a really good player.

I'd like him to stay, but he wants to start games and is he really going to do that here right now? Maybe in a season or two, but that's not soon enough for him, so he's off

Timing wise things just haven't worked out

It's a shame, but I understand why he's leaving

The whole "another one off the wage bill" thing is mad. Vlasic ISN'T the kind of player we need off the wage bill. He's probably not on more than 30k/week. Just really irked with the whole thing honestly. Think he is going to be a really good player.

He probably will be. He just wasn't going to get the opportunity to develop at Everton. Can't keep players who don't have a spot in the squad just because they might be good.

And if it's £30k p/w off the wages, then that's still a little over £2m p/a back with everything factored in. The club would have amortised that over the three years left of his contract - add the £14m fee and that's the £20m for Andre Gomes transfer fee sorted.

Status
Not open for further replies.