Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd prefer someone with potential like Lookman or Onyekuru. Or to sign someone new and shift Richarlison back left if necessary.

Bolasie was terrible after his knee injury but it is fun to point out that his first season pre-injury he had the exact same goals and assists as Bernard did for all of last year and he got hurt in early December.
Lookman's done nothing for us since his debut goal and I bet you've never even watched Onyekuru play and I'm just going to pretend that second paragraph doesn't exist.

For everyone's sake I hope we sign a new winger or give significant playing time to Onyekuru or something to open everyone's eyes to how much more we should be getting from our LW.
I think we could have been a bit smarter in balancing the game time of Lookman and Bernard a bit more. Bernard has that tireless work rate and contributes a lot defensively but doesn't really have that goal threat while Lookman seems to have that desire to get into the box and has a decent shot but there's question marks over his defensive contribution.

I think we could have been a bit smarter in balancing the game time of Lookman and Bernard a bit more. Bernard has that tireless work rate and contributes a lot defensively but doesn't really have that goal threat while Lookman seems to have that desire to get into the box and has a decent shot but there's question marks over his defensive contribution.
Apart from the Palace game at home, has Lookman made any impact at all this season? Genuinely can't remember any other game.

I really liked Lookman, think he's a very skillful player and still think he is going to be a big success somewhere, but it's probably not going to be with us.

Apart from the Palace game at home, has Lookman made any impact at all this season? Genuinely can't remember any other game.
He had 4 starts and about 900 minutes total. It's not easy in that sporadic amount of time.

We have two young wingers we should try but if we aren't willing then a signing in the wide areas is needed.

nope , what tweets

I'm not saying they do. Bernard clearly offers a lot more than Bolasie but one thing he doesn't is a threat of scoring/assisting goals and that's what the stats show.

I feel like Bernard should be getting 8-10 assists next year and I think he's very capable of that. I don't think he'll ever really be a goalscorer, which increases the demand of scoring from DCL/Richarlison/Mystery Striker up front, but we played so well at the end of the year when he was finally fit with him turning the tide of play on a dime. I am curious to see how he looks w/ a preaseason and if we end up with a fairly settled front 3

Status
Not open for further replies.