Usmanov

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the big turning point for me was more last summer. Lots of financial predictions stated we were hitting a bit of a crunch point for both cash flow and money available. We committed to a number of deals that summer that couldn't have been done without significant investment. So I am probably similar to you but a year ahead as it were.

As it happens I do think we will spend reasonably again this summer. This isn't going to be like Manchester City or Chelsea but I do think we will have money to spend, and the onus will be on us to spend it sensibly.

If we sell Vlasic, Onyekuru, Lookman and the absolute deadwood we will generate £100m+ and save another £60m+ in wages. Add in another £100m from big Al and we can buy who we want! Everton arent we!

I said previously that I'm pretty sure there were reports that Allardyce (and even Koeman) reference meeting with Usmanov (essentially to discuss progress). The fact Russian journalists are now routinely stating Usmanov is making decisions for the club (this is on multiple occasions) and there is no attempt to counter it from the club, or ask them to put out a correction (from what I can see) is telling.

If Moshiri wanted to break away from Usmanov and do his own thing as we are led to believe,I find it hard to fathom how he either allows such reports in the press to stand orif they are true would allow for such a situation to take place.

The evidence to me seems overwhelming that he has some involvement in the background. I don't actually think he will ever come into the foreground, so those holding that as a criteria of being proven correct will remain correct in their own heads I suppose. At best I suspect you may see Usmanov's (step) son becoming involved with the club, after taking time to learn the ropes.

As for Vlasic, who's to say he doesn't lean on the right contacts to ensure the deal goes through?
Do you have any quotes from Allardyce Koeman or the Russian Press regarding this?

I think the big turning point for me was more last summer. Lots of financial predictions stated we were hitting a bit of a crunch point for both cash flow and money available. We committed to a number of deals that summer that couldn't have been done without significant investment. So I am probably similar to you but a year ahead as it were.

As it happens I do think we will spend reasonably again this summer. This isn't going to be like Manchester City or Chelsea but I do think we will have money to spend, and the onus will be on us to spend it sensibly.

this is all born out of Usmanovs money in the first place..

usmanov gifted 50% of his Arsenal shares to Moshiri

he then BUYS the gifted shares (that were his in the first place) to give Moshiri the money to buy us

Moshiri is wealthy enough in his own right to have bought us anyway had he so wished.

so Moshiri is here with Usmanovs money.. whether we like that or not, but there is just nothing official.

its all abit frustrating really though, esp with stadium funding not being 'official' yet .. as @Efcjake said, why all the secrecy about the funding … we could just come out and say its all 100% sorted just to appease the fans just a little bit.

I don't get why Usmanov would pile cash into us, and NOT be the face of the ownership.

Thats probably true but I would imagine if Usmanov told you not to blab something you would not. Allardyce seemed ver very keen to get the job and was aware of significant funds available to entice him to come out of retirement. I am also quite sure reports linked him meeting Usmanov, but they may have been reports of Koeman/Walsh doing so. Either way if there is anything behind those reports, lets be frank it is not a coincidence is it?

As for the stadium I am unsure of that. No owner to my knowledge has ever paid for a stadium. In relation to the team, we have invested pretty heavily, certainly more heavily than what some state the level of wealth Moshiri has.

The training ground is really just the tip of the ice berg, but the relationship or the depth of it will likely never be revealed in public. If public don't wish to see whats in front of them, thats up to them I suppose.
If usmanov wanted a quick sale he would have to stump up most of if not all of the money if he wanted to sell the club
No new owner would take on a stadiums debt AND buy the club.
Allardyce has publically slated moshiri and has also stated players he was after when he was incharge, if usmanov was involved he would of said or he hinted at the very least.

Do you have any quotes from Allardyce Koeman or the Russian Press regarding this?

Well I quoted the Russian link which is putting Usmanov as being involved in the transfer. Unfortunately I didn't save the links to the other ones, and I'm by no means certain of which it was so could have been imagined. That being said another poster here has said he remembered Brands mentioning meeting Usmanov, so again that may have happened.

It would seem odd to me that if this was occurring he was not in an unofficial position of authority.

this is all born out of Usmanovs money in the first place..

usmanov gifted 50% of his Arsenal shares to Moshiri

he then BUYS the gifted shares (that were his in the first place) to give Moshiri the money to buy us

Moshiri is wealthy enough in his own right to have bought us anyway had he so wished.

so Moshiri is here with Usmanovs money.. whether we like that or not, but there is just nothing official.

its all abit frustrating really though, esp with stadium funding not being 'official' yet .. as @Efcjake said, why all the secrecy about the funding … we could just come out and say its all 100% sorted just to appease the fans just a little bit.

I don't get why Usmanov would pile cash into us, and NOT be the face of the ownership.

I think there is a lot of sense in that. I would add all 3 men probably have substantially more money than is reported (and Forbes say as much).

It's difficult to commit to too much on here, as understandably there are considerations of what you can and can't say with any degree of assuredness. It would seem to me that the current set up of how we are funded seems to suit most parties.

If as some people suggest USM control Everton and if as some suggest Moshiri is really the front guy for that (and he's the cleanest face to lead it) and if they are executing the sort of game plan they both outlined that they wished to do at Arsenal then you can only assume that Usmanov would be happy with that arrangement. He can change it if he needs to, but I am sure he trusts Moshiri if the above scenario was the reality of events.

I am not sure what you alluding to re the stadium, if the suggestion is AU will fund it?I have an inkling we may get Chinese investment.

As for the potentisal scenario of Usmanov piling money in and not being the face, well there are lots of reasons. Firstly he's not the face of many of his investments. He likes to sit in the background. It will gain value. I would also say, if it's politically sensitive, he is best kept well away, given his ties to the Russian regime (and the potential war that is now going on between Iran/US, don't assume the UK/Russia would not end up getting dragged into it). It is also in keeping with what money oligarchs do across Europe. The real money source is kept in the background. It's not uncommon.

It's less hassle at the end of the day isn't it? It's less scrutiny. It's less questions? It's less people questioning him. Less pressure to do interviews in the public. Less local journalistic pieces writing about his ethics. Less pressure from fans if it goes wrong etc.

All in all I see a lot of reasons for it.

If usmanov wanted a quick sale he would have to stump up most of if not all of the money if he wanted to sell the club
No new owner would take on a stadiums debt AND buy the club.
Allardyce has publically slated moshiri and has also stated players he was after when he was incharge, if usmanov was involved he would of said or he hinted at the very least.

The club has gained value substantially since Moshiri came in. When the ground move gets announced even more so. Liverpool is a growing city, a great potential investment area. The docklands are particularly ripe for investment. People will be very keen to be on board as/when that happens.

As for Allardyce I don't remember him slagging Moshiri or the players he had. I remember him saying it was his biggest chance to manage a side with our budget. I can also assure you, if Usmanov told you not to mention him, you would not mention him. Allardyce included.

If allardyce met usmanov he would have said so, he has blabbed about everything else.
Also if he was heavily involved he would have started building the stadium and heavily invested in the team ready to sell in the future

He said he would help "his friend" moshiri, he has done that through sponsership of the training ground.
You apparently have been on this forum since 2010. Though I’ve one really noticed you the last 6 months give or take.

This is a genuine question, why is every post negative?
Doesn’t matter if its moshiri , Usmanov. The stadium. How much money we have to buy players or the lack of money and buy to sell in your world. It’s getting to the point of you posting things that didn’t even happen, just to try and justify your point. It’s all very strange.

I think there is a lot of sense in that. I would add all 3 men probably have substantially more money than is reported (and Forbes say as much).

It's difficult to commit to too much on here, as understandably there are considerations of what you can and can't say with any degree of assuredness. It would seem to me that the current set up of how we are funded seems to suit most parties.

If as some people suggest USM control Everton and if as some suggest Moshiri is really the front guy for that (and he's the cleanest face to lead it) and if they are executing the sort of game plan they both outlined that they wished to do at Arsenal then you can only assume that Usmanov would be happy with that arrangement. He can change it if he needs to, but I am sure he trusts Moshiri if the above scenario was the reality of events.

I am not sure what you alluding to re the stadium, if the suggestion is AU will fund it?I have an inkling we may get Chinese investment.

As for the potentisal scenario of Usmanov piling money in and not being the face, well there are lots of reasons. Firstly he's not the face of many of his investments. He likes to sit in the background. It will gain value. I would also say, if it's politically sensitive, he is best kept well away, given his ties to the Russian regime (and the potential war that is now going on between Iran/US, don't assume the UK/Russia would not end up getting dragged into it). It is also in keeping with what money oligarchs do across Europe. The real money source is kept in the background. It's not uncommon.

It's less hassle at the end of the day isn't it? It's less scrutiny. It's less questions? It's less people questioning him. Less pressure to do interviews in the public. Less local journalistic pieces writing about his ethics. Less pressure from fans if it goes wrong etc.

All in all I see a lot of reasons for it.

why was he so desperate to be the head of Arsenal then ??? he made several takeover bids and was prepared to be outright owner of them, but not with us ..

why was he so desperate to be the head of Arsenal then ??? he made several takeover bids and was prepared to be outright owner of them, but not with us ..

Well he wanted to have control, but I'm not sure he wanted to be at the forefront of operations We have no idea what his plan would have looked like. I suspect he would have controlled things via Red and White holdings and appointed a board member to represent his interests.

The club has gained value substantially since Moshiri came in. When the ground move gets announced even more so. Liverpool is a growing city, a great potential investment area. The docklands are particularly ripe for investment. People will be very keen to be on board as/when that happens.

As for Allardyce I don't remember him slagging Moshiri or the players he had. I remember him saying it was his biggest chance to manage a side with our budget. I can also assure you, if Usmanov told you not to mention him, you would not mention him. Allardyce included.
Do you think USM might see investment in the docklands as a potential earner over time? especially if they are legitimised by a new stadium. I think the London docklands would be the model...

Status
Not open for further replies.