Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
People do realise that De Baff ain’t a real player yeah? And that it was just a joke name to set up the exact joke everyone keeps stealing?

Brilliant this post will add another few pages to this thread.
I hope we don’t sign anyone for a while yet this is by far much more unpredictable and entertaining.
I wonder what today will bring.

Yeah he worked in the Ajax system because of players like Ziyech and de Jong. In our team we already kind of have our share of hard working, harass the defense into mistakes types with guys like Bernard, DCL and even to some extent Gylfi and Richarlison. What we need is the quality players to take advantage of what those guys are doing.

Also Ziyech isn't a midfielder obviously but the guy does win the ball back a good deal considering it isn't a main point of his game. I really am all in on him I think he's brilliant and would shine anywhere he goes.
Ziyech would be amazing. He could play out right, he could sub in for Siggy, he could play all over.

Keep in mind, I'm not saying Van De Beek is bad, I just don't see a bit and I don't see the physical tools that would indicate he has some massive upside.

He wasnt forgotten though, he was linked to lots of clubs the entire time he was in Ukraine and Shahktar kept refusing bids. Then he decided to sit out his contract and turned down others to join us.

I think you should give up your analysis of Brazilian internationals lol

100%

For the specifics of the role Sigurdsson is FAR better than him.

As a box to box player neither compare to having a monster in the centre..

Yep. The monster is what we need, IMO.

I gotcha. I watch the games. He was pushed up high most of the time, I don't care where he started. Again, good going forward, clever with the ball, works hard, too slow. But he doesn't hold the ball, he doesn't dribble, he doesn't push the ball upfield like Andre Gomes or certainly a true box to box player like Doucoure. He RARELY touches the ball, because he usually roams around like another attacking player. He gets in dangerous positions and is good with the ball when he gets it. So half the people here thinks Sigurdsson hides because he doesn't sit on the ball as a playmaker. Van De Beek averaged FEWER passes per game than Gylfi does.

So how on earth could a central midfield player who is supposed to be a box to box player only make 25 passes a game?

Look, he's not a bad player at all, he could get better, but he's a poor fit for the PL IMO and absolutely not what we need. And I don't fault him for his style of play - frankly, if De Jong was on my team, I'd let him own the ball all game, too. Hakim Ziyech? Let him come back for the ball and boss the game OF COURSE. But he's certainly not a DM and I don't think he could play as a CM/DM in a Silva midfield. He'd be a good backup for Sigurdsson, but we already have Siggy who is better. If we need a backup for Siggy or someone to play deeper, we'd sit Siggy and play Gomes in front of Gana/Schneiderlin or whoever else we get in to play CM/DM.
Also as good as de Jong, Zeyiech, Van Beek and the other fella played in the CL. Spurs turned the tide in CL by introducing Sissoko or wanyama (can’t remeber exact details) at a point and going more direct and getting physical.

Gana is critical to our current set up and you’d be hard pressed to find a replacement or switching to a midfield three

Also as good as de Jong, Zeyiech, Van Beek and the other fella played in the CL. Spurs turned the tide in CL by introducing Sissoko or wanyama (can’t remeber exact details) at a point and going more direct and getting physical.

Gana is critical to our current set up and you’d be hard pressed to find a replacement or switching to a midfield three

I'm not suggesting replacing Gana, I'm suggesting playing either twin CMs/DMs with someone else next to Gana and either Siggy or Gomes sitting a little deeper in a true 3 man midfield, or Gana playing more box to box with a true 6 / anchor type player that would be better than Schneiderlin. I don't see Van De Beek in any of those roles and he wouldn't be cheap.

I'm not suggesting replacing Gana, I'm suggesting playing either twin CMs/DMs with someone else next to Gana and either Siggy or Gomes sitting a little deeper in a true 3 man midfield, or Gana playing more box to box with a true 6 / anchor type player that would be better than Schneiderlin. I don't see Van De Beek in any of those roles and he wouldn't be cheap.
I was agreeing in a round about way lol. Doesn’t offer enough to dislodge Sigz and I don’t believe he is good enough to sit in a midfield two. Sosa sounds a likely type a sitter with a good range of passing

Ziyech would be amazing. He could play out right, he could sub in for Siggy, he could play all over.

Keep in mind, I'm not saying Van De Beek is bad, I just don't see a bit and I don't see the physical tools that would indicate he has some massive upside.
He reminds me of Klaassen and I know that's a lazy comparison but he really is similar in how he kind of drifts around and pops up at crucial moments sometimes.

Beek is never cheap in town, apparently !

....good morning Blues, here’s the Toffee Transfer rumour round-up for Tuesday 18th June;

- The Daily Mirror report Everton interest in Atalanta’s 6ft 3in, 23 year old Italian U23 Centre Back, Gianluca Mancini.

- According to De Telegraaf journalist, Marcel van der Kraan, Everton have run the rule over 22 year old Ajax midfielder, Donny van de Beek. Der Kraan also suggests Ajax will demand more than £80m for winger, David Neres; “Neres is still young & having a good time at Ajax. Ajax previously rejected a bid of £50m & now hope for a transfer fee of £80m-£90m”.

- The Liverpool Echo say Everton still expect Leighton Baines to sign a new contract this summer.

- Ghana Web continue to suggest Everton have begun negotiations with FC Nordsjaelland for their 18 year old midfielder, Mohammed Kudus. The youngster is expected to join up with the Toffee’s Academy squad.

- AS believe Barcelona are keen to complete the transfer of Andre Gomes to Everton this week.

- A number of outlets pick up on yesterday’s Goal France report saying Everton are in talks to sign Porto’s 29 year old Algerian international, Yacine Brahimi, who’s contract expires at the end of this month.

- Nigeria Soccer say Crystal Palace, Southampton, RB Leipzig and Besiktas are interested in Everton winger Ademola Lookman.

Status
Not open for further replies.