Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

"Everton is a club that also has to sell players so it is necessary to get younger players to invest in."

Oooh, I do love a quote that is utterly devoid of context!

That quote was taken from a paragraph about buying younger players to replace the (hopefully) outgoing squad players. Younger players will, in theory, have more resale value and so will fit the bill in terms of a model whereby we seek to sell at a profit.

Nowhere in that interview does he state we have to sell before we can buy.

Imagine you earn £2000 a month £1000 of that goes on a mortgage £200 on your car finance and £300 on food leaving you £500 to live your life. You then decide you want a really nice BMW which is £500 per month.

Can you afford it? Yes technically you can

Should you buy it? No because you won’t have any money left

What happens if you do buy it? Your mates do stuff without you, your missus leaves you, you have to sell the dog and if any unexpected expenses come up you’re screwed. You end up getting dodgy loans and getting yourself into more debt with more expenses and eventually your life is ruined.

This is the same in football except if you mess it up you get bans/fines/deductions and could potentially cause something that hundreds of thousands of people have really, really liked for hundreds of years to collapse. I hope this helps.
Got proper invested in this by the end. Gutted about my dog.

Oooh, I do love a quote that is utterly devoid of context!

That quote was taken from a paragraph about buying younger players to replace the (hopefully) outgoing squad players. Younger players will, in theory, have more resale value and so will fit the bill in terms of a model whereby we seek to sell at a profit.

Nowhere in that interview does he state we have to sell before we can buy.
exactly he's basically saying Bolasie buys are no more

Im sure some of you would pay £40mill ASAP just to get Gomes here quick. When in reality, Brands knows he wants us, will more than likely end up here so whats the rush. Be patient, get him for around £23 mill and you have saved £££.

As much as we all like shiney new things, as long as we get the players Brands and Silva want then im happy to wait until the end of the window.

minuscule in comparison to what he gave them two but you are correcto

Big undies was only brought in as a stop gap and happened to be there for the 1 window club’s are renowned for not getting involved in, yet, he was still given 50 million big ones to spend.

exactly he's basically saying Bolasie buys are no more

Yeah, damn these carpetbagging foreigners for deciding they don’t want to spunk £30m on 28 year old mediocre players on 5 year contracts!

Atletico Madrid, Porto and even Southampton for a spell operated this model excellently. I’ll be made up if we can pull it off. Helps clubs - assuming good scouting and managerial input (where Soton fell down eventually) - build quality squads sustainably and comply with FFP and other such covenants.

But nah, JUST SIGN SOMEONE EV.

This "sell to buy" mantra is getting boring. Everybody needs to sell players they no longer want or need. We have a bloated wage bill, paying Williams £70,000 a week is sheer madness, I would like to see the squad cut to 25/26 including youngsters all of whom could play in the first team.
We need a clear out, it will actually increase the pressure on the first 11 to preform and make for a more content squad as they are all close to getting a game.
I want to see players coming in quickly but I realise there is work to be done. Long drawn out transfer sagas are boring but I agonise over spending a few hundred quid never mind millions.

Not only do we not seem to be progressing on bringing any players in, we’re equally as slow to be getting rid of players surplus to requirements.

Problem is though, some of our players who are surplus to requirements are on big wages, and there is no way I could see them taking a massive pay cut to join another club, Sandro on £120k a week would have to accept probably less than half that, no way he's doing that when he can just sit on our bench raking it in.

I thought we had a sugar daddy? I thought we were ‘******* rich’? I thought Moshiri said money doesn’t matter as long as he is here?

Scaled back on everything.
We are rich! Have you seen this much money at the club before!? Almost £450m spent and a new stadium. We really need to find a buyer for that damn Goodison though. We can’t buy our new stadium until we sell our old one.

Transfer rumors say that even Tesco has turned down a chance to buy Goodison though. The rumors also say Poundstretcher is attempting bid but are in heated negotiations with Brands stating they aren’t willing to go much over £1.

I say we take what we can get, invest and invest it smartly and we might have our new stadium in 200 years because hell we’re a sell to buy club and that’s what a sell to buy club does!

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.