The New Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anybody think we will lose sales because of perceived delay in its availability? I doubt it,
Sales are driven by loyalty and success on the field not by the date it becomes available.

Kids like to wear them in the Summer, and young Toffee's are missing out.

The stores are still poor, and look around the city centre, it's all RS tat.

For visitors to the city, we are none existent.

Kids missing out on a decent education, healthcare or a stable homelife concern me but not having what is in effect an overpriced t-shirt does not , even if it is in Royal Blue.
It’s perceived availability or lack thereof in stores is to do with supply and demand and sadly the RS tat is in far more demand making it more profitable to stock.
For those concerned with such ephemera, wear last seasons, it’s usually reduced in price this year, most people won’t notice such a fashion faux pas.

Kids missing out on a decent education, healthcare or a stable homelife concern me but not having what is in effect an overpriced t-shirt does not , even if it is in Royal Blue

Haha, didn't know it was an 'either or' matter, if you're going to have kids education, healthcare and homelife as the rule of what you measure things against then there's not much that's going to matter in grand scheme of things,

But people wanting their kids in the new kit like all their RS mates at the start of summer when discussing football matters is perfectly fine imo, its not like their saying swerve little billy's glasses he can't read anyway is it

Haha, didn't know it was an 'either or' matter, if you're going to have kids education, healthcare and homelife as the rule of what you measure things against then there's not much that's going to matter in grand scheme of things,

But people wanting their kids in the new kit like all their RS mates at the start of summer when discussing football matters is perfectly fine imo, its not like their saying swerve little billy's glasses he can't read anyway is it
It’s about context . People affecting to get proper upset because kids can’t buy a replica kit immediately is utterly risible. If these so called kids are so in need of instant gratification that they lack any form of patience then I would suggest their upbringing is seriously lacking in providing them any sort of grounding to deal with the many disappointments they will face in adult life.
In fact most of these complaints emanate from an habitual desire to denigrate their club at every opportunity, rather than a misplaced sense of social justice.

I don't think its a stretch to suggest availability and marketing have at least some affect on sales

It's late because we looked at binning Umbro for a different brand. No brand was willing to take us on better terms than Umbro had offered even though we shopped around until very late in the day.

Umbro then had to design kits for us months later than they usually start. They weren't going to spend money designing for us early when we may not even be with them. Hence the severe delay.

It's quite simple really.

And they’ll dish up some bland cookie cutter design the same as half the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.