2018/19 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont care if he is a bad nob, all the matters is performance.

Its like film stars, off screen i guess some are horrible, but you only care about the on screen persona

In the risk of upsetting the Marco Silva camp I would argue a big part of the managers job is to get the players focussed week after week.

Look at how Pep & Klopp have the whole squad running through brick walls - Pickford would never arse around under their watch imo.

For me thats Silva's big task next season as it ties in with having more consistency in our performances - no point in the team playing like champs against the top 6 at Goodison if we then roll over away at a midtable outfit with certain players not giving 110%.
No, he would be binned. Pickford is in his own world because that is his personality, it’s only when he screws up is when he gets his head out of Lala land and fades into the background.

Nope Martyn was a top top gk
Agree. He’s not in the same league as Martyn who rarely put a foot wrong. Pickford is an excellent shot stopper, especially at point blank range where he has quick reactions, but he’s got an error in him. There’s something about Gazza about him in that he’s hyper, on edge, decision making is his weakness. The equivalent is one of those strikers who is better when he doesn’t have to think about the shot.

It’s as weak an era for England goalkeepers as there has ever been.

No, he would be binned. Pickford is in his own world because that is his personality, it’s only when he screws up is when he gets his head out of Lala land and fades into the background.

When Pickford screws up there’s a national media inquest and an even harsher one from some evertonians. If Alisson or Lloris mess up (which they frequently do) its brushed under the carpet straight away.

He is brilliant, easily the best we have had since southall. And yes better that Martyn for me.

Every keeper on the planet makes mistakes but many dont seem to have the character or confidence to come back from them, Pickford does, by the bucket-load. Top top keeper.

He’s far better than Howard ever was but Martyn was absolutely brilliant. People should watch the Lee Carsley derby again, the amount of saves Martyn makes and makes them look easy. He was a huge reason we made top 4 that year.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.