Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously, we've discussed him extensively. He's perfect.

Me and Timak asked for him before last Christmas.

giphy.gif

Hit me up, mern.

Go nuts:

Doesn't have to be that league really, here's an extensive list of centre mids of all types I'd be okay being linked with:

Mady Camara
Ibrahim Sangare
Kingsley Michael
Boukary Soumare
Ibrahima Sissoko
Youssouf Fofana
Mamadou Loum
Alfa Semedo
Idrissa Doumbia
Kalidou Sidibe
Christopher Martins Pereira
Diadie Samassekou
Amadou Diawara
Ismael Bennacer
Hamed Traore
Alfred Duncan
Soualiho Meite
Seko Fofana
Mamadou Coulibaly
Florentino Luis
Arne Maier
Santiago Ascacibar
Orel Mangala
Ibrahima Camara
Max Eggestein
Jean-Philippe Gbamin
Dennis Zakaria
Matias Zaracho
Santiago Sosa
Nicolas Dominguez
Nemanja Maksimovic

There’s too many with blue tinted specs on about Baines. They should watch Sturridge running away from him to hit that shot that came off the post for Mane to score in Koeman’s first season. He was outpaced by a crock who can barely run anymore and that was 3 years ago. He’d be ripped apart if he had to play any extended amount of time now up against the likes of Salah Sterling Hudson Odoi Rashford etc.

We can’t carry players like this. We have to match up to the top 6 in terms of pace, power, and footballing ability. We’re always going to struggle to get the last of those qualities in the market against these sides but we can’t be carrying players without pace and power either.

The Baines issue is yet another instance of this forum seeing everything in black and white.

I don’t think anyone disagrees that Baines is past his best and that we don’t want to have to rely on him for any significant games/portions of the season but I also think we can all agree that there are a number of first team issues that need addressing before we can start splashing cash on backup players.

If money wasn’t an object, Baines would be gone. It is, so he isn’t.

Appreciate he is a red and I've no love for him, but Sturridge has incredible stats when he actually plays and Baines isn't the only PL defender that he's made a mug of.

Appreciate he is a red and I've no love for him, but Sturridge has incredible stats when he actually plays and Baines isn't the only PL defender that he's made a mug of.

There’s only Danny Wellbeck and Andy Carroll that are injured more than him.

Plus he does that stupid wavy arms thing when he scores.

It’s a resounding no from me.

Doesn't have to be that league really, here's an extensive list of centre mids of all types I'd be okay being linked with:

Mady Camara
Ibrahim Sangare
Kingsley Michael
Boukary Soumare
Ibrahima Sissoko
Youssouf Fofana
Mamadou Loum
Alfa Semedo
Idrissa Doumbia
Kalidou Sidibe
Christopher Martins Pereira
Diadie Samassekou
Amadou Diawara
Ismael Bennacer
Hamed Traore
Alfred Duncan
Soualiho Meite
Seko Fofana
Mamadou Coulibaly
Florentino Luis
Arne Maier
Santiago Ascacibar
Orel Mangala
Ibrahima Camara
Max Eggestein
Jean-Philippe Gbamin
Dennis Zakaria
Matias Zaracho
Santiago Sosa
Nicolas Dominguez
Nemanja Maksimovic
Jason Mount
Sander Berg
Dominik Szoboszlai
Sandro Tonali
Mohammed Ihattaren

I was looking for CM's not attacking mids but they're all class players (Mason not Jason Mount btw)
Yup that one was my bad with Mount but I’d said the only one that’s an outright CM from what I said was Tonali but I do think any of them could slot into the CM role and be class

There’s too many with blue tinted specs on about Baines. They should watch Sturridge running away from him to hit that shot that came off the post for Mane to score in Koeman’s first season. He was outpaced by a crock who can barely run anymore and that was 3 years ago. He’d be ripped apart if he had to play any extended amount of time now up against the likes of Salah Sterling Hudson Odoi Rashford etc.

We can’t carry players like this. We have to match up to the top 6 in terms of pace, power, and footballing ability. We’re always going to struggle to get the last of those qualities in the market against these sides but we can’t be carrying players without pace and power either.

Yep. This

Status
Not open for further replies.