Transfer Rumour Santiago Sosa

Status
Not open for further replies.
No mate, they’ve spent the last 3 years building a team with a clear plan. They’re good at the togger

Ha! They were as bad as us by the end of 2014/15. Two things happened within a year though. We got Koeman they got Klopp. It's always them isn't it with the good ideas. For the first time in my life I have literally no defence for my persistent supporting of this rotten, directionless club, when I'm in a room outnumbered by Reds at least 5:1... sorry, 6:0 as they'd put it now.

Kuntz all of them.

Brands and Silva need patience.

Your annoyance should be thrown at that skip of beef Koeman, and his scattergun transfer policy which has sadled the club with loads of expensive dead weights.

Indeed. There's about £30m a year in dead money being paid to players who won't play for the club again. Until we can find some mugs to take them off the books we are not throwing silly money about anywhere. Three years at the latest, hopefully sooner if Brands can play the market trader.

If he does sign, I'd be surprised if he'll be anywhere near the first team this season. Much more likely to spend a good six months in the reserves or making the odd cameo from the bench.

A defensive midfielder coming straight from Argentina to England would have to be Mascherano levels of special to just slot in. Plus he's a kid who's just turned 20 and hasn't even played professional football full stop before now.

It's a punt on him turning out to be something special. I trust Brands on it, but this can't be a first team signing.
It's definitely an investment, He hopefully turns into a talent and gives us a good couple of years then we sell him for 30 or 40m then you rinse and repeat. It's gonna be a lot of trial and error going down this method but if you get it right then you are absolutely laughing.

I especially love the suggestion that signing Ryan Fraser, inaki Williams and making a completely unrealistic move for ziyech whilst shifting one of our best players and promoting 3 yoofs not ready for 1st team football is showing ambition and taking it to Liverpool. I’m sat here laughing

Another possibility. But again, 13 million quid could be put to more important use? Don’t get me wrong I love this type of move as much as anyone and its shrewd to put these bricks in the wall, but I’d have thought we need every penny we’ve got to secure other priorities at the moment. It’s interesting nonetheless and it’ll be interesting to hear the thinking behind this move if it come off and of course if it’s accurate.

I think the money for wages is more of a problem than the finances for players.

The deal will be structured cleverly so as to not impact us much should the lad struggle here.

If the scouting team has seen enough in him, then it makes sense.

I have far more faith in our scouting and transfers than under Martinez / Koeman / Allardyce

Ha! They were as bad as us by the end of 2014/15. Two things happened within a year though. We got Koeman they got Klopp. It's always them isn't it with the good ideas. For the first time in my life I have literally no defence for my persistent supporting of this rotten, directionless club, when I'm in a room outnumbered by Reds at least 5:1... sorry, 6:0 as they'd put it now.

Kuntz all of them.

Yes mate, like I said they had a plan and it’s taken 3 years to go from bad to European Cup winners.

Your problem is your more concerned with them than Le Ev

Work permit... perhaps he has Italian or Spainish relations that will help his cause.

Best get it sorted before Brexit mind

Unless we’re spending £150m this summer it seems a bit mad to whack £15m on a risky signing like this.

He could end up being the next Busquets, who knows. Would rather £15m more in the striker fund though.

Your problem is your more concerned with them than Le Ev

And why wouldn't I? Unlike Everton I'm doing great. They on the other hand hate their lives, but they talk down to me like I have an IQ lower than Coleman's "Sprint Speed" on FIFA 2023. Some of them can be quite bloody personal about it too.

Back on topic though. If they think Sosa is the dog's albert's then fine. I'm just done with Everton throwing away money on players that aren't going to play for the 1st team.

Isn't that generally the whole point of signing someone? I'm still hurting from the Onyekuru situtation, and Rodriguez(?) who got homesick and ended up disappearing or something. Very much the Guy Ipoua of the 2010s, a complete and utter Noah Baarde. This just wouldn't happen over the park and I'm sick of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.