Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That article was from 2014 mate. When one of the lads started a rumour on here about him the papers picked it up and ran with it and then the player put in a transfer request believing the rumour. Relax we were never interested in him and defo won’t be now

If you aren’t being serious it’s too early in the morning for me to accept sarcasm

Pour yourself another beer,;)lol

The top clubs seem to do ok with 2 - and they have a lot more games than us to worry about.

Spurs - Kane, Llorente
Arsenal - aubameyang, lacazette
City - Aguero, Jesus
Chelsea - giroud, higuain
Utd - Lukaku, Rashford

We don’t need 3 strikers when we only play 1 and have Richarlison who is capable of playing there. We need 1 top class striker with DCL as back up.

Don't come in here with common sense and well reasoned arguments. It never goes well.

:)

I’ve given up on us getting Batistuta now.

I’ve moved on.

To Christian Vieri. Get him Marcel.

Fantastic player, when fit and motivated. Scored all types of goals (incl. many blammos) and a beast at taking the ball on at pace.

Clear modern-day parallels with Lukaku.

The top clubs seem to do ok with 2 - and they have a lot more games than us to worry about.

Spurs - Kane, Llorente
Arsenal - aubameyang, lacazette
City - Aguero, Jesus
Chelsea - giroud, higuain
Utd - Lukaku, Rashford

We don’t need 3 strikers when we only play 1 and have Richarlison who is capable of playing there. We need 1 top class striker with DCL as back up.
Spot on.

....it’s all very quiet, but worth remembering the international transfer window doesn’t open until 11th June, so only domestic or out of contract deals can happen now. Even then, countries are operating different timescales. My understanding is;

FIFA Transfer Matching System (TMS) opens 11th June
French window opens 11th June
Italy and Germany opens 1st July
Spain opens 2nd July

But Welbeck wants more than £100k a week allegedly.

Imagine paying that for a reserve striker. It’s actual insane.

...it is, but it’s the way of the football world. Welbeck will not command a transfer fee, so will want a massive signing fee and salary. Personally, I don’t get hung up on salary even if the amounts quoted are obnoxious. My biggest concern with Welbeck is his injury record and for that reason alone, I wouldn’t be going near him.

I’m not worried about Gomes, think the hard work has been done with him. It’s all down to striking a good deal with Barca.

Zouma, as good has he’s looked I’m not so sure Chelsea would want to lose him. Particularly at a price that would be good value to us, so perhaps the biggest chance we have of getting him is severely overpaying.

I know targets have apparently been identified, but players are all over the show now - there’s internationals, holidays and other stuff going on now. Be interesting to know when Brands feels the best time will be to start his process (if it hasn’t begun already).

One other last point about targeting teams above us fringe players - who could these be? Are we thinking academy lads who need that next step to grow (German clubs are all over it at the moment) or more peripheral squad players?

Status
Not open for further replies.