Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 105 7.8%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,244 92.2%

• Total voters
Mate youre going on so much youre starting to disprove what youre advocating. So youre saying villa fans were attacking each other, some were demanding patience others were demanding change as to not 'accept mediocrity'. So considering since villa finished 6th in the premier league in 2010 theyre under their 8th different manager, it appears the fans not 'accepting mediocrity' won in getting what they want. And as you say, look how its worked out for them.

I honestly haven't a clue what you're on about pal.

You're arguing no progress next season is acceptable

You're wrong sir.

In 2-3 years Klopp and Poch had Spurs and the RS regularly in the Champions League so using Spurs is a very poor example.

I posted my point that 8th or lower next season and no progress on the stadium front will be a disaster for the board/manager yet as usual your hard on for me had you jumping in to argue the toss when in reality im right.

You wait and see the comments on here/social media this time next season if planning permission isnt yet applied for or we aint 7th/knocked out the cups early doors again. Add Liverpool winning sonething and fans will start to turn as thats the nature of a 2 team city - the success of the other spurs the other side on.

4 years into Moshiri's ownership

2 years out of 3 into the managers contract

Its perfectly acceptable for a fanbase as big as ours to start wanting to see progress regardless of it being small ie. 7th and european football / positive news regarding BMD.
We all want progress you wally, I don't know why people are rushing about BMD, It happens when it happens it is simple as that and nothing to be frothing in the mouth over, Long as Silva keeps a steady path we can become a decent team. I'm not wanting him sacked if he doesn't get Europe next season can't say the same for you

I honestly haven't a clue what you're on about pal.

You're arguing no progress next season is acceptable

You're wrong sir.
im not sure what it is you dont understand? you said villa fans were wrong to demand patience, but because villa werent patient, constantly sacking managers because they werent progressing from upper mid table, they ended up in the championship.

We all want progress you wally, I don't know why people are rushing about BMD, It happens when it happens it is simple as that and nothing to be frothing in the mouth over, Long as Silva keeps a steady path we can become a decent team. I'm not wanting him sacked if he doesn't get Europe next season can't say the same for you

No one has said anything about Silva being sacked - please show me in any of my posts today that state this and I'll buy you a pint, otherwise you're letting an obvious agenda against me cloud your noggin.

My point is clear no progress on or off the field next season and the fans will start to turn and you know im right.

The fanbase are on the fence with Moshiri already - BMD will be his legacy and after initial timescales already pushed back another season of "oh its next year now lids" wont wash with the majority.

Same on the field, last season was so called transition however if you think the owners will be giving Silva £80-100 million to spend every season to finish 8-10th you're mad - the managers objective is European football the man himself has said that.

No way he gets a contract extension imo if he doesnt deliver next season and I doubt the ownership will let him enter into his final year of his deal with his history of jumping clubs regularly - its essentially his season to either get a new deal or not and that'll be dependent on league finishing / performance in the cups.

In 2-3 years Klopp and Poch had Spurs and the RS regularly in the Champions League so using Spurs is a very poor example.

I posted my point that 8th or lower next season and no progress on the stadium front will be a disaster for the board/manager yet as usual your hard on for me had you jumping in to argue the toss when in reality im right.

You wait and see the comments on here/social media this time next season if planning permission isnt yet applied for or we aint 7th/knocked out the cups early doors again. Add Liverpool winning sonething and fans will start to turn as thats the nature of a 2 team city - the success of the other spurs the other side on.

Its perfectly acceptable for a fanbase as big as ours to start wanting to see progress regardless of it being small ie. 7th and european football / positive news regarding BMD.

Liverpool have been bigger than us forever mate. Literally forever, sorry.

Not technically true however a 2 team city ensures one spares the other on - under Moyes there were seasons where we finished above Liverpool and for many years thankfully neither of us have done anything and them doing well finishing 4/5/6 was when we were also doing well - playing in Europe and getting to the odd cup semi/final.

The last two seasons however have been them getting to cup finals/big CL games and challenging for the title whilst we have been midtable gash with nothing for fans to grasp onto - basically like the 90's without the fear of relegation.

That may wash for now but the fans will start demanding more especially if they end up winning a trophy or two.

Basically the longer we go spending money and increasing expectation the bigger the inevitable blowback from the fanbase will be should we keep underachieving whilst that lot succeed/strengthen. Thats why its essential the club gives the fanbase something to tick over - european qualification, a good cup run, positive news on BMD etc something for our fans to hold onto otherwise they will start to turn.

I have a dream for next season, we win a cup "any cup" and Blue Bill in a discarded stained technicolour dream-coat enters the field in gladiatorial fashion proclaiming himself as the second coming "to the astonishment of Jenny" he then in true blue fashion tells us he loves this club as his voice breaks into an emotional swell, he tells us he is leaving with Phillip May "Green" wasn't available to a cascade of cushions reigning down from the main stand. Blue Bill ends his days as a donkey lasher on Morecambe beach.

Absolute rubbish. Liverpool have been bigger than Everton since the 1970's. That's the best part of 100 years after football was invented. Give them another 60 years and we can call it a draw. They won the FA Cup 60 years after the first time we won it.

I don't care what age you are, you should know that. Unless of course you're a Kopite on a wind up.

Absolute rubbish. Liverpool have been bigger than Everton since the 1970's. That's the best part of 100 years after football was invented. Give them another 60 years and we can call it a draw. They won the FA Cup 60 years after the first time we won it.

I don't care what age you are, you should know that. Unless of course you're a Kopite on a wind up.
Everton were a bigger club in every sense up until 1970. Look at the respective stadiums in 1970. look at honours won until 1970. Look at the 1970 world cup squad include Gordon West who pulled out. Think of Dixie Dean? Sadly 1971 defined us. Catterick became ill, we lost two pivotal games in a week Panathonikas and Liverpool. Then it did fall apart to be honest, the stadium was left to fester and money wasted on players time after time. The mid eighties gave us glory and that was taken from us by both Heysel and I would also say the final following Hillsborough which I dont think Liverpool should have played. I do blame blue Bill for the stagnation and the way we became a selling club and how that incentivised the manager.

Everton were a bigger club in every sense up until 1970. Look at the respective stadiums in 1970. look at honours won until 1970. Look at the 1970 world cup squad include Gordon West who pulled out. Think of Dixie Dean? Sadly 1971 defined us. Catterick became ill, we lost two pivotal games in a week Panathonikas and Liverpool. Then it did fall apart to be honest, the stadium was left to fester and money wasted on players time after time. The mid eighties gave us glory and that was taken from us by both Heysel and I would also say the final following Hillsborough which I dont think Liverpool should have played. I do blame blue Bill for the stagnation and the way we became a selling club and how that incentivised the manager.

Goodison was still the better stadium until approx. 1994. I know we still say it but that place was really a dump up until the nineties.

I bet my life that you dont live in/around the city. Im not knocking any fan outside the area but Liverpool at present feel like they have claimed our city again - the Klopp and Salah Mural's, Flags everywhere for the recent and current CL finals, the new stand overshadowing the place and obviously them challenging for the title again.

We simply need to start progressing at some point or we face the very real prospect of becoming another Crystal Palace/Watford who's aim every season is to not get relegated and with that we'll lose a generation of young scouse fans to that lot who are currently on another level.

Hey ho some fans like yourself are happy for one 7th place finish in 5 years and constant stadium failures but others are not and want to start seeing progress after 24 years without a trophy and consistent balls ups.

You may laugh but this season has to be the start of progress- 4 years into Moshiri's reign, 2 years under Silva and Brands and Silva 2 years into his 3 year contract - if we dont start seeing progress then it starts to look like another road to nowhere imo
You are seeing what you want to see. Those same fans will have Man City tops on next year. Year after it will be The Beatles.

Really doesn’t fit the Sky narrative that you are the minority team in your own city but hey ho.

We simply need to start progressing at some point or we face the very real prospect of becoming another Crystal Palace/Watford who's aim every season is to not get relegated
Real progress begins the moment Danny Welbeck signs. In DCL and Danny Boy we'll have the most feared striking partnership in the Premiership. I'm absolutely terrified just thinking about it.

It's not just you, but a couple of others have mention Silva being 2 years into his contract.
Have I been in a coma for a year or have he only just completed 12 months in the job??

Klopp and Poch had good squads to start with that were in or around the top 4 before they go the jobs, it's taken them 5 years (and counting for one of the ) to get a trophy. So yes, patience is needed with Silva/Brands as long as we keep improving bit by bit season on season.

Regardless of how fast they go down mate the fact is there is very little Blue in this city at present and it feels all about them.

We need something ourselves to be hopeful about or what the hells the point? If we start progressing in the cups / playing in Europe whilst our new shiny stadium is being built then thats all great isnt it?

Some of our fans revel in being garbage its weird.
Engages sarcastic font; yeah but The Liver Buildings were Blue over Christmas...we don't care what the rs say etc.

You do make some interesting points though - we can't exist in a 'transitional' / 'sleeping giant with heaps of potential' state forever (or can we?)
Can't always be having 'jam tomorrow' on our bread.
The rs have 'jam today' (and a different kind of jam every season) so they are obviously stuffing their gobs with it...triiuble is they do it so classlessly - as always
Poor losers and even poorer winners