Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welbeck may easily receive a reported contract of around 120k, but in reality that may as well be something like 70k. 2 year 70k contract with an automatic option for an extra year if he plays an amount of games with 5 million sign on fee = 120k contract reported in media.

And it could still make great sense for us - I can imagine we pay around 70k to Tosun. And Welbeck is surely not worse striker and is more versatile than Tosun. If we can sell Tosun and Niasse for 20 million combined, and sign Welbeck for 5 million, we have replaced our backup striker with someone who is surely not a downgrade and we got 15 million extra to spend elsewhere, ideally on a young striker that would compete with Welbeck and DCL for the position.

It just makes great amount of sense to try to sign Welbeck. He is not a bad player - he has a PL goal every 265 minutes. That's 1 in 3 striker - Tosun has a goal every 255 minutes, Niasse every 276 minutes, DCL every 363 minutes. A player like Martial has a PL goal every 218 minutes, Rashford every 249 minutes, so Welbeck is surely not a bad player. If we can get him cheaply, he surely makes sense for us. He is also a HG player, and as we are about to lose players like McCarthy, Jagielka or Baines soon, we will need to find some new HG players as well.

The only positive I can see, and I'm trying hard to find one, with Welbeck in on 100k is it's the equivalent of paying 15m for him and they paying him nothing for the three year deal.

That's less than Solanke. Not sure what the point is of my comparison but as I say, I'm really struggling.

Hahaha. Welbeck! A classic example of a player who has stolen a living on high wages because he is British. In any other decent league these players would be binned off altogether or be playing for the bottom 2 or 3 clubs. Just like Lingard, Phil Jones, Jack Wilshire etc. Absolute myths.

More that £100k a week? Utterly insulting to professional footballers who have had to work on their talent and further insulting to any fan who can kick a ball and run around a bit who fancies earning money they could only dream of!

Don't believe this at all tbh. Could have seen him making up Fat Sam's Fray Bentos Brexit XI with the names above, but not now surely.
Lingard has proven he's a very good player. Not elite but very good.

Welbeck may easily receive a reported contract of around 120k, but in reality that may as well be something like 70k. 2 year 70k contract with an automatic option for an extra year if he plays an amount of games with 5 million sign on fee = 120k contract reported in media.

And it could still make great sense for us - I can imagine we pay around 70k to Tosun. And Welbeck is surely not worse striker and is more versatile than Tosun. If we can sell Tosun and Niasse for 20 million combined, and sign Welbeck for 5 million, we have replaced our backup striker with someone who is surely not a downgrade and we got 15 million extra to spend elsewhere, ideally on a young striker that would compete with Welbeck and DCL for the position.

It just makes great amount of sense to try to sign Welbeck. He is not a bad player - he has a PL goal every 265 minutes. That's 1 in 3 striker - Tosun has a goal every 255 minutes, Niasse every 276 minutes, DCL every 363 minutes. A player like Martial has a PL goal every 218 minutes, Rashford every 249 minutes, so Welbeck is surely not a bad player. If we can get him cheaply, he surely makes sense for us. He is also a HG player, and as we are about to lose players like McCarthy, Jagielka or Baines soon, we will need to find some new HG players as well.
So he scores at a worse rate than toshun and similar to oumar despite playing in a great Utd side and an extremely creative Arsenal side

B29F850F-41E4-4AAE-8EC6-3E0638D54F61.jpeg

Looks like it was old man Walsh all along

The only positive I can see, and I'm trying hard to find one, with Welbeck in on 100k is it's the equivalent of paying 15m for him and they paying him nothing for the three year deal.

That's less than Solanke. Not sure what the point is of my comparison but as I say, I'm really struggling.

If he improves our attack I don’t really mind how they’ve structured the deal. Like you said if we had paid 8 mill for him and he was on a low wage people would be praising the deal. If higher wages from us seals the deal and we can do it because of no transfer fee and he bolsters our attacking options then it feels like a win win.

Status
Not open for further replies.