New Everton Stadium Discussion

OK we get it . Peel is not a building company .Peel is an infrastructure and real estate investment group and they don't sell land they lease it. Everton have an agreement to lease BMD subject to planning approval.

Ignore him, he's trying to be clever but failing.

We exchanged contracts for a 200 year lease at peppercorn rent so it'll be very low . The stadium will bring people and infrastructure, which will increase the land value and investments. Win for us and Peel.

Totally makes senses why we could get the opposite end of the development (and next to the sewage works.

I’m concerned that the 200 year lease is starting to look a little short at this rate of development..

A question for the naysayers. Given that when he bought into the club nobody was insisting that Moshiri build us a new stadium, why has he made a rod for his own back with this fantasy project (as you would put it)? I understand the club (Kenwright) has previous on this but, despite Kenwright still lurking, we now have a new owner. What does he gain from this charade? Kenwright used mythical ground moves to hang on to the train set and placate a supine fan base, but what is Moshiri's motive? I cant see one. He's just drawing fire onto himself, surely, if it's a sham. For the record, there is nobody more anti Kenwright than me. I've got personal reasons.

Over to you.

A question for the naysayers. Given that when he bought into the club nobody was insisting that Moshiri build us a new stadium, why has he made a rod for his own back with this fantasy project (as you would put it)? I understand the club (Kenwright) has previous on this but, despite Kenwright still lurking, we now have a new owner. What does he gain from this charade? Kenwright used mythical ground moves to hang on to the train set and placate a supine fan base, but what is Moshiri's motive? I cant see one. He's just drawing fire onto himself, surely, if it's a sham. For the record, there is nobody more anti Kenwright than me. I've got personal reasons.

Over to you.

The stadium is the major key for Moshiri to make a massive return on his investment with us.

He's not here to be our sugar daddy.

A question for the naysayers. Given that when he bought into the club nobody was insisting that Moshiri build us a new stadium, why has he made a rod for his own back with this fantasy project (as you would put it)? I understand the club (Kenwright) has previous on this but, despite Kenwright still lurking, we now have a new owner. What does he gain from this charade? Kenwright used mythical ground moves to hang on to the train set and placate a supine fan base, but what is Moshiri's motive? I cant see one. He's just drawing fire onto himself, surely, if it's a sham. For the record, there is nobody more anti Kenwright than me. I've got personal reasons. Over to you.
He's parking money. Itl's an asset that's always going to gain value because football is an industry where that happens. Just standing still Moshiri / Usmanov could sell up tomorrow or a few years down the line and lose nothing.

The stadium plan is EXACTLY the same as it was under Johnson and Kenwright. You are wrong to say it's "a sham". None of the stadium schemes were a sham. They were actual attempts to snag a stadium and have it built by private / public cash so that the owners' share value would sky-rocket - even if the stadium and conditions of payment for it would have saddled the club with an inferior quality facility and a financial headache for decades to come. The lying part comes from their constant over-playing of the possibility that the begging bowl approach to Everton's stadium schemes could ever bear fruit. They never can, this one included.

The overall beauty of the stadium scheme agenda for all Everton owners (past and present...Johnson, Kenwright, Moshiri) is that it makes it look like their time in control is one where they are doing something substantial to develop the club and that keeps fans deflected from the reality of a club essentially going nowhere. They'll eventually get out with a profit regardless of stadium building. Johnson did. Kenwright did. Moshiri will.